Modability of Mod?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Myren

Lurking User
Aug 19, 2004
www.alienintels.com
How moddable will this be?

I'd like to make a plea for UTXMP to be re-released to the mod'ing public. Most new mods dont release source for understandable reasons. However, UTXMP is not just a mod, its- dare i say- an "incarnation of a legend".

The great majority of the Doom and Quake remakes release source code. Truly, UTXMP is far closer in spirit to a remake than a mod. While people are free to hack at UT2004 to their hearts content, releasing UTXMP source (or some sort of 'API' like creation for UnrealC) would provide an entirely different base of gameplay for the world to experiment with. It would be truly remaking XMP.

It is within your power to add not just the amazing game engine of UT2004 to drive a prettier XMP, but to open the amazing programmability of UT2004 to the XMP world. dont get me wrong, its going to be a blast either way, but I truly feel you could be dropping an atom bomb on the gaming world by releasing the source code. I must invoke a humanitarian request by humbly pleading that you release an API or source code to allow UTXMP to be easily modifiable.

Your humble servant,
Myren, Lord.

[GDC]Faust

Goblin Hunter
Apr 29, 2004
www.gamersdungeon.de
The Uscript-source will be open for everyone as it was with U2XMP, if not, that would be very unlikely since it's the case with every other mod I know of.

The only sourcecode which would have to be released seperately would be possible c++ code.