1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT3 MOD: the fly - (based in SILENT HILL universe(

Discussion in 'Content Releases' started by titobruni, Feb 23, 2009.

1. titobruni

titobruni angela chaning

[​IMG]

hi friends

at last, after a lot of hours of work this weekend i was be able to finish a alfa version of mi mod. i want to show you and i would like that all fans from survival games, and general adventure, try it! please and post your impresions, critics, sugests...

all that you want to tell about this mod and its progress... (i will continue working with more expansions

THE FLY DOWLOAD FINAL VERSION 2.0.

some videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsiLVwTb4f4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxGx9_G-G5E

some pictures

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

HOW INSTALL AND PLAY.

copy all archives at the published maps folder in your Gear oF war Game directory:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<YOUR USER NAME>\Mis documentos\My Games\Gears of War for Windows\WarGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps

PLAY FROM THE EDITOR (i prefer, but becarful where press the ESC key...)

OPEN EDITOR
    open first the .upk files from Generic Browser
    open the map THEFLY.
    COMPILE (if be necesary) AND PLAY.

CONTROLS.

MOVE with the "WSAD" keys and MOUSE control CAM.
    use the control "USE" for LOOK, USE and PICK UP. (maybe "E" key in all most gamers)
    use the control "SHOOT" for weapons. (LEFT MOUSE BUTTOM)

THE FLY: A SURVIVAL ROOM ESCAPE
    created by titobruni.

Mod for "GEARS OF WAR" based in SILENT HILL universe and another horrors books, TV and FILMs.

VERSION 2.0.

your obejetive, like others room escapes, is exit to the exterior.

you are traped in some strange flat. it´s not your home... it´s dark and some stragers and creppy sounds arround of you... you want to exit. you need to escape... an horrible story about flies.

you must use the key "USE" to explorer the room and take objects... i recomend configured the control with the left mouse botton for "use/look"... i want make a MOd about the "room escape" games and "survival horror", something like "SURVIVAL ROOM ESCAPE"

thanks everybody, and sorry my English again!!... and if you have some problem with something, controls, puzzles, instalations, etc..., please, post it. i will respond you in short time...

see you and thanks again!

more details in my blog: http://proyectofalconcrest.blogspot.com/

ups!! and sorry my english again... i hope some helps and opinions...

see you!!!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  2. Zur

Zur surrealistic mad cow

Looks like an interesting idea. I hope you can change the sound of footsteps so they sound more realistic.

P.S: PM me if you need some proofreading.

3. KillerSkaarj

KillerSkaarj Art for swans is dope!

Oh you jerk, the thread icon said UT, not UT3. You got my hopes up for nothing D:

4. War_Master

War_Master Member

+1

5. Kazimira

Kazimira Necris Fan

That is amazeing! The sounds of monsters are a little out of place at times and lack the subtlty at a distance the first silent hill sounds had but you have the supprise monsters thing down perfect.

6. titobruni

titobruni angela chaning

ey friends...

this week i was working in kismet and puzzles, and make better my mod... and i want to show us now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxGx9_G-G5E

I had a lot of work.. but i can see the solution...

see you

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  7. titobruni

titobruni angela chaning

8. titobruni

titobruni angela chaning

ey friends.. i am going to up this post. i finished the final version and i would like that you try it ! please, if finally you try,. coment all things that you want to tell me abour the mod, coments, critics, etc...

see you

DOWLOAD THE FLY FINAL VERSION 2.0

9. Leonardo

Leonardo Old fart on top the mountain.....

Tito, it says Gears Of War mod on your youtube account. You might want to update that correction bub. otherwise its a cool concept. Did you enter the MSUC with this ? If you didn't you should have. I reviewed it up on my blog.

10. titobruni

titobruni angela chaning

can enter the MSUC with a mod for GEars of War? i would like, but convert all my mod to UT3 mod is to much work.

if i can enter with a mod for GeW, i would like participe.

see you

11. Leonardo

Leonardo Old fart on top the mountain.....

Well OK, because The GoW edition could be ported over to UT3 as well since they are based of the same engine. There would be some fine tweaking involved and seriously would be a great entry. But also just a personal opinion, when you posted this up? It should have the GoW tag on it not the UT3, it confuses people such as myself till I saw it was for GoW not UT3 on your youtube account. I'm just pointing it out for correctional purposes so people won't get upset at you for saying UT3 when its really GoW.

(Edit) I also updated the article to show it being for GoW and Such. (/edit) cheers!

12. titobruni

titobruni angela chaning

ey, and thanks. you article. i like it.

thanks.

13. titobruni

titobruni angela chaning