Mod Team - Weapon Pack 1.2 released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Turin_Turambar

Pls don´t shoot to the Asha´man
Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
uhhh, for now i had lots of ctd when i try in a real map (not the training), seems like the duke's m67 nade makes an infinite loop. I downloaded the patch zip, i will try now the full weapon pack.

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
The AKM rocks, looks and sounds great. I like the flashbang effect, especially the shaking from hearing loss. Throwable smokes !!!!! \o/

Critique:
Front sight posts are too thin and grey, especially AKM.
The left arm using the FAL looks terrible.
Recoil of the FAL is jerky and akward, it jitters sideways. G3A3 recoil is better, smoother.
Why does he cock the AKM with his left hand? AKMSU uses the right hand.
Can't use drum + nade launcher why? Cuz of balance? *shudders...
It is the AKM but kill message says AKMS.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
keihaswarrior said:
Can't use drum + nade launcher why? Cuz of balance? *shudders...
It is the AKM but kill message says AKMS.

I read somewhere (and did convince me) that the drum blocks the launchers trigger.

I already hardly find a reason to ever put down the AKM again... ;)

Turin_Turambar

Pls don´t shoot to the Asha´man
Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
Now it doesn't work in both training map and offline mode! Always ctd with big log. But i tried online and all works ok :O :O all the new weapons and stable... well, i never play offline.

The new stuff:

-Akm: Hey AR with auto mode + nade launcher!!. :p Also it's very accurate and with high rof. A pity i can't use the drums with the nade launcher. The bayonet idea is neat but i don't know if i will use often.

-FN Fal. Very bulky. Very high recoil. Without attachments and with an average mag. Also it moves a lot firing in semi :S. But the damage is huge, you can kill with one shot at chest penetrating a level II armor. Like Don said me, it can be a whore gun.

-New nades: i love it! Because i am a cqb guy, so i find very useful the more versatile smoke and the flashbang. But!!! you can't use them in the qa menu. :( :(

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
I assumed the device in the pic was some sort of ladder sight of the GL...

Am I missing something or is it not functional in the current version?

(readme doesn't say anything...)

Attachments

• GL.jpg
    GL.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 84

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
For the infinate loop please please read the read me file. There is an issue with one of the mutators. Specificly do not run RollingM67.

Falke

May 28, 2001
Germany
Visit site
Nukeproof said:
I assumed the device in the pic was some sort of ladder sight of the GL...

Am I missing something or is it not functional in the current version?

(readme doesn't say anything...)

Thats the normal sight from the rifle, not from the grenadelauncher.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
@keihaswarrior:
The grip of the GL is near the magazine. A drum blocks the place where the forearm of the arm, that would hold this grip, would be. Trying to hold this grip anyway would not allow you to push the trigger easily.
As a natural balance I find it excellent. Even if it is physical possible to use the GL with a drum, it is not combat effective, thus why it is good not to be able to use the GL and drum.

But I miss the ability to have a drum and normal mags. To have the drum in the weapon and few mags as support would give you a light bulk.

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
GREAT JOB!

the fnfal is ****ing hard to use,though, but if its realistic, its ok!
the new nades: professional work. the ak : professional work. the bayonette: great!

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Yes, the FAL is a bit strange. The arm, as said, is not very good. I personally also find the extreme bright buttstock less nice. A darker red brownish would look probably a bit better, but the rest of the skin is very good.

What you all complain about the recoil of the FAL? I find the recoil in fullauto pretty comfortable and the single is very accurate.

CFA

The Cult Of Personalities
Apr 23, 2004
i found a somewhat small bug.the ak when using a clip, the left hand is going slightly through the clip.

Arethusa

We will not walk in fear.
Jan 15, 2004
Out of curiosity, am I the only one that found the FAL site to be pretty hard to use? In real life, with two eyes and parallax and kinesthetic sense, it seems like it would be very useful; with none of that and the decidedly artificial and slippery sense of motion that UT/INF has, I found it extremely hard to hit anything without sticking to single shots and spending a fair amount of time picking my targets.

Also, anyone notice the GP25 grenades behaving oddly (late detonation, ricochets, sporadic inaccuracy, and seeming like the grenades were firing from the muzzle of the AKM)? Was all that intentional?

Taque

Custom User Title
Dec 3, 2002
PARIS
www.mpclan.com
GP25 grenades, as stated before I think, are pop-up, so they will ricochet and detonate later than you'd expect them, and thusly also cause "inaccuracy". Really, you can get some wicked shots otherwise impossible, you just have to know how to coax the nades. :p

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
@AKM+GL:
I know in the HUD you can see when using the GL, but in fast combat it would be more intentional and better felt if the trigger finger, that is on the GL trigger, would be near the trigger, streched forward when using the AK. You have just a small animation of the finger.

Played now kosovo day offline with AKM. That rocks. The sound don't know if it is correct, but it sounds metallic which increases the fun with the AKM.
Don't know but is the ROF not a bit to high?