1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mod Team - Weapon Pack 1.1 released

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by Crowze, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

Finally got to check it out.
    Good work!
    Honestly I dislike the 1st person weapon at hip position. While I'm not a big fan of INF's hip thingy, I think the hip view should be all the same as with the original INF weapons.
    The M16A4 and M4A1 looks like you hold it at the shouldered height, but stretch it to the right side. Original INF hip view has nearly not viewable rearsights and is lower, so should be all hipped guns (all bonus guns).

But I like the 'fire as fast as trigger pulled' thingy on the M16A4 and M4A1. I was fireing and thought I forgot to change ROF on single shot, but it was single shot :D.
    Honestly I think this feature is even to extreme, could be a bit less, cuz triggering a mouse key is much easier than a real mechanical trigger.

The MP5A2 reflex sight is interesting, not my taste, but cool to see, especially the differently acting dot than gun movement. I only think it bobs to less.

But good work and thx.

@Vega-don:
    How does the FAMAS view changed exactly? It seems to me same big as original.

2. cracwhore

cracwhore I'm a video game review site...

LOL! ROFL! PWNED!!!!!!!!!

............ :rolleyes:

3. mbs357

mbs357 olol

Are you kidding?
    I pull triggers a LOT faster than I push the mouse button.
    But maybe it's just me.

4. Vega-don

Vega-don arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée

@psycho i was talking about the IWE mutator , wich is made by crowse and crowse is in the mod team too

5. N'kEnNy

N'kEnNy New Member

As to the matter of the AKM I can shed some light.

Your deductions are basically correct. There were pictures of both barrel types. As my main source picture series featured them, and I sort of took a fancy to them, (however fickle that might sound) I keept the end sloping.

I honestly don't know how "realistic" this is, but I suspect that in the large picture of realism. It doesn't matter.

*cough* that would also be my doing. The model was originally intended to be an AKMS folding stock and all.
    However one of the last things I did was to add a wooden stock, created using a technique I had just learned. Sort of as a side project. The file name remained AKMS (as that was the original goal of the project)

Apparently the Wooden stock was better appriciated. *shrug* It doesn't really matter. From what I've seen; the Inf Mod team have done an excellent job.

6. N'kEnNy

N'kEnNy New Member

Regarding ROF.

Another reason to limit ROF in online first person shooters is to limit the network load. (atleast as far as I understand it) I guess it depends on the netcode and all, but in my experience Inf doesn't exactly feature a "top-of-the-line" one.

7. Lethal Dosage

Lethal Dosage Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer

Good to finally hear! I hope at least some progress has been made?

Don't suppose there are any teasers, piccys, that sorta thing to do with the AKM yet? :D

8. N'kEnNy

N'kEnNy New Member

Don't get the wrong idea. I may be the original creator of the model, but this is VERY much Inf Mod teams project. Having seen their other work, I'm thankful to say the least.

I can't say anything about the currentmost progress of the mod. there are however a number of Hi-res renders laying around on the forum. No skins though. (a search for AKMS should do the trick) (more accuratly "AKMS project")

9. Conglomera

Conglomera Proud Toilet Cleaner

Hi all,
    Good work on the MP5A2...
    The 3 rounds BF Mode should be removed. It would be very easy to fix this through a mutator, so someone has to make it.

10. Blitzschlag

Blitzschlag New Member

Ähhhhhhhhhhh.....

Why should the 3 rounds BF mode be removed???? :(

cheers :cheers:

11. Conglomera

Conglomera Proud Toilet Cleaner

Because it's an MP5a2 which only has Safe/Single Fire/Full Auto, you can even check the fire selector on the skin of the weapon it has three positions, try to compare-it with the selector of the MP5/40a3 which has four.

The fixed stock version of the MP5 with SF/BF/FA modes is called the MP5a4, and that's not the weapon actualy supplied in Weapon Pack 1.1.

12. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

Haha lol.

13. Arethusa

Arethusa We will not walk in fear.

I can't speak for UT and INF, but I do know that reasoning is complete crap in modern engines (hell, even HL1; the DoD team bitched about making their MG42 unrealistic for net load while the fantastically unrealistic Firearms mod had rates of fire that went beyond a real MG42). Anyone familiar with UT's netcode care to comment?

14. Derelan

Derelan Tracer Bullet

Yeah i do notice that I get much faster ROFs on the Minimi offline than i do online.

15. yurch

yurch Swinging the clue-by-four

I had a smartass answer until it occured to me I have no idea why our SAW behaves in that manner. I sure put me in my place, don't I.

Total speculation follows:

In HL2, I'm guessing you could make the firerate whatever the max "tick" rate of the code was, with say a .01 rate you could get 60/.01 = 6000 RPM without having to double up bullets per tick. 60 / (1/30) = 1800 RPM if for whatever reason you wanted/needed to do shots per frame at 30 frames per second. The SAW fires somewhere between 700-1000 RPM to put things in perspective, if I understand correctly.

You could make an assumption even, that the client/server 'frames' possibly limiting the current SAW happen at a rate at 11 per second or lower.

I'm guessing it could be fixed, but I don't know what lengths you would need to do it, or what the end result would be as far as making recoil, animations, and shots fired really match. Presumably at some point accuracy for speed would have to be sacrificed.

16. (-PzK-)Shepard

(-PzK-)Shepard ((ITA))

HI, does I would have a question that all the world is posed :confused: , when leave Weapons Packs 1.2 and I would have a suggestion why not to integrate the XM8 into next Weapon Pack :eek: ! ! ! Thank you.

17. Arethusa

Arethusa We will not walk in fear.

Please stop doingthat.

18. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

The XM8 is an experimental weapon which is not in current service, so we decided to keep it separate at least until it is actually used (then it'll be the M8 I assume).

19. (-PzK-)Shepard

(-PzK-)Shepard ((ITA))

Ok, thank you to have answered me and for that => when leave Weapons Packs 1.2 ? thx Crowze.

ps: i just want the AKM 47 pleasssssssssssssssss, i love AK not all, just the akmsu in INF is very bad ! ! !

20. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

No AK-47...

...but an AKM!

-edit- noticed you have written AKM-47. It's just AKM.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2005