1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mod Team - Weapon Pack 1.1 released

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by Crowze, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

If you haven't noticed in the announcements forum, we've released a 'patch' to our weapon pack. This includes a whole load of tweaks and changes, the main ones being listed below.
    New weapon: H&K MP5A2, with suppressor, flashlight and EOTech sight attachments
    Carrying handles for the M16A4 and M4A1
    Fixed the MAG-7 distance sound
    Downloads are available from the project page, or from CombatMaps (soon).

I've posted it here as well as in announcements so you can yell/rant/flame away to your heart's content :D.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2005
  2. {GD}Odie3

{GD}Odie3 You Give Odie a Boner

Installed on GD EAS and Odie'3 DTAS Server.

Also, I have updated my GDMutiePack with InfMOD_WP1.1 (which link is in my sig).

3. -Freshmeat

-Freshmeat Eternally noob

/me dances and praises the inf mod team.

Downloading, and will stop working early tonight

-Freshmeat

4. Vega-don

Vega-don arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée

tested it , its some small changes, but its good ! and a new gun ! :D
    i like my m4 with the carrying handle sight

5. Turin_Turambar

Turin_Turambar Pls don´t shoot to the Asha´man

let's see if we play tonight to give it a try.

6. Nukeproof

Nukeproof n1

Great you guys keep up moral!

On ranting and yelling I just wanne believe that everyone around has grown up since release of 1.0 ... at least until proven wrong again ;)

7. Corporal_Lib [BR]

Corporal_Lib [BR] Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)

Ohhhh, I was hoping the AKMS was going to make on this release... But the MP5A2 made it and the M4A1 and the M16A4 now have carrying handles, SWEEEEEET!{8D
    I am registered to the Inf Mod team webpage (and subscribed to most of their projects mailings) but I haven´t received any announcement bout this release... is that a site bug?
    Well, can we expect the AKMS and the FAL and the Sako for the next patch??? In 2 or 3 months beyond or less?
    Any way, I so grateful that this release came before my vacacion ended...THANX A LOT InfModTeam! {X-D

8. Vega-don

Vega-don arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée

i was too expecting an AKM.. i am happy with everything they release. the aimpoint for mp5a2 is weird.. 1.1 is good ! :D
    i want to say to the mod team that i dont have any problem with a next update being the AKM ONLY :D

9. cracwhore

cracwhore I'm a video game review site...

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...............

So you can reload the MP5A2 without ejecting the round?
    That's news to me.... :lol:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005
  10. Corporal_Lib [BR]

Corporal_Lib [BR] Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)

That´s just me or all INF Mod team´s guns have had their FPV angle changed? They´re more centered, with the scape point (in perspective, we say "Ponto de Fuga", i can´t recall english term for it...) almost dead ahead... is that the aplicattion of that old discussion about the hipped guns being actually "low ready" (as SWAT and other pros do???), as they now seem to be close to the shoulder (when not aimed)instead of carried at the hip?
    The carring handle is SUPPADUPPA... but the MP5 still looks out of proportion, although the overall is quite nice!

11. {GD}Ghost

{GD}Ghost Counter Terrorist Operative

I must say thank you to the INF Mod Team. You guys are a big part of what will keep this mod alive until the next version, if you keep it up. Thank you very much.

12. Lethal Dosage

Lethal Dosage Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer

YEAH! SWEEEEEET! So does this patch replace the original WP 1? or do u still need to have it installed to use all the cool stuff? What no AKM? D^MN! leave out the best gun, yeah well betta late than neva i guess, well i'm gonna go frag some b!tches with the "Improved (iron sights) M4a1) n that sexy MP5a2

Keep up the awesome work n just don't listen to to the inconsiderant ones that don't appreciate your work, cus i LOVE it! :D

13. cracwhore

cracwhore I'm a video game review site...

Yeah, boy...we sure are a flaming bunch aren't we?

And don't worry son. They don't.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005
  14. keihaswarrior

keihaswarrior New Member

I like the changes and all. The quality of work done on the MP5A2 is very high, but the accuracy of the model/skin is pretty bad IMO.

1) The trigger group is squashed horribly. It should be much taller.
    2) The narrow part of the stock should be closer to the receiver.
    3) The magazine angles out too sharply.
    4) The front and rear sight are too small overall.
    5) The handle is missing the finger notches and the larger groove.
    6) The angle of the handle is off.

Here is a picture so you can see the inaccuracies. INF Mod Team MP5A2 on top, real deal on bottom.

Attached Files:

15. CAF

CAF New Member

The reload animations for the guns are really good, especially for the M4a1 and the almost casual flick at the end of the Micro UZI reload animation.
    The new suppression sound for the SOPMOD M4A1 is a lot better now.

Good stuff.

CAF

16. Nukeproof

Nukeproof n1

Common KW, just stick to RL-Supersoaker or play CS (god forbid) for a while and you'll find every INF weapon very detailed and realistic :D

Edit: Bushwhack mentioned a customized MP5 he ownes was the source of the model, which might explain some of your observations.

I always thought having no experience with real guns is a handycap... in fact it is a blessing! I can enjoy every custom weapon out there without any headache.

I do like the recoil animation of the mp5, I just wonder how the Aimpoint device works IRL. Any explanation is welcome ;)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2005
  17. Cleeus[JgKdo]

Cleeus[JgKdo] because respawns suck

well, KW has a point - INF is about detail and realism

18. N'kEnNy

N'kEnNy New Member

The pack is excellent.

New Suppressed M4 sound is awsome. The ironsights are in general, very good. The level of quality is as good as can be expected in Infiltration. To top it all off, the EOTech sight is awsome.

19. -Freshmeat

-Freshmeat Eternally noob

While the weapons are really good, it seems that the icons somehow suffer badly from the new weaponpack. They are displayed at very low resolution, like UN-17's desert eagle did in his early releases. I do not know if this is constant, and it is definitly not a spoiler.

I think I like the carrying handles best. I find the aimpoints way easier to use, but for offline they are to pretty not to use.

-Freshmeat

20. Dr.J

Dr.J advent child.

weve had this argument before over the shape of the MP5A2... last time bushwack said that it was modelled after the one that hes got access to - not the german model everyones familiar with.... but ill wait until bushwack comes back here to say that again.

and N'kEnNy, just wait until you see your AKM ingame :D

Last edited: Jan 4, 2005