1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mod Team - Grenades mutator released

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by MP_Duke, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Taque

Taque Custom User Title

Hm, I still doubt your nade throwing accuracy, Dogg. :p

2. O_DoGG

O_DoGG Le Boner

Well, let's say I lost part of my "nade magnet" powers then :p

3. keihaswarrior

keihaswarrior New Member

Ya, I really think the nades are basically perfect now, or at least as good as it gets for this version of INF. The only thing that throws me off is the 1/2 sec delay before the nade is released now, but I'll get used to it.

4. Nukeproof

Nukeproof n1

I personally don't have any problems with the delay but I now many players who dislike dukenades for just the delay.

5. - Lich -

- Lich - New Member

Well, this delay reduces the spam abilities, and maybe makes strafe nading a little more difficult cause you need the real timing.
    I do not think a reallife soldier will do nadespamming in a real battle, or strafenade, so this seems to be a realistic feature for me, so a good change in the game.
    As KW said, get used to it. Everything that changes a long existing way of handling things, needs some time to play around with to use it in a effective way.

6. ant75

ant75 aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

The purpose of this feature makes sense, but wouldn't it be more logical to have a delay for reaching for the second nade ? If the goal is to prevent nade spamming, i think it would be better if you'd have to wait for a small period of time before pulling out another nade, kinda like the anti-burst feature for the minimi. I'm saying this because in a emergency situation where you'd need to quickly throw a nade, the small delay could turn to your opponent's advantage.

7. Taque

Taque Custom User Title

I hope those players didn't want the arm to aim, because the delay is due to that animation. I don't really mind the delay since everyone gets it. :p

8. Nukeproof

Nukeproof n1

good to know (caus I didn't)

Someone suggested to have 2 modes for the nade (i.e. triggered with activate attachment key)

Default with the arm, alternative without the arm (and the delay)

... guess this would make mostly everybody happy.

9. - Lich -

- Lich - New Member

I did NOT say the delay is there with the purpose to cut spamming, I just mentioned the effect and I like it having this secondary effect. The purpose was (Thats what I think, I am not duke) to have the ability to aim them properly and this was done in a very good way. As said, get used to the nades...

10. Demosthanese

Demosthanese .

The delay makes sense in another way in that your arm doesn't
    instantly teleport forward when throwing and releasing the grenade.

11. Burger

Burger Lookin' down the iron-sights...

so is there no way of taking out the hand animation? You don't see people in real life pointing at the window that they're aiming their nade at.

Could there possibly be a .ini file or console command that removes the hand?

12. - Lich -

- Lich - New Member

Well, I never threw nades, but I remember I threw a lot of things as far as possible for sports, for example a javelin. I was using my second hand for *kind of aiming*. Just try to get something like that on tv, people use their arms/hands to point into the general direction of the throw.

13. keihaswarrior

keihaswarrior New Member

Lich, you threw javelin??!!! What was your best mark?

Lich is right about throwing. If you look at any kind of throw (baseball, football, javelin, etc) there is always some kind of left arm action. I am not saying that they always point to the exact spot they are aiming, but they often do. If they don't point with their arm, they at least have it out to the side and pull it in and down to help the throw.

Example pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hehe
    [​IMG]

14. keihaswarrior

keihaswarrior New Member

Example pictures of grenade throwing:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think I have proven my point.

15. - Lich -

- Lich - New Member

@KW

At school (you have to choose from different kinds of sports, and one I chose was track and field athletics) => There are always ppl (like me) who are not..aeh...tooo well ;) at certain stuff. Javelin was not really my best thing (not like the guy: "Did you ever throw one? - No. - * Throws javelin at least twice as far as all others*" ) . Not enough running around involved :D. But sometimes you have to do stuff you are NOT good at.