[Mod] Fraghouse Invasion v4 released!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
(Rough copy from the FH news)

FHIv4 has finally been released! It's taken a while, but it's here at last..

Ok then, just a foreword. Some of you may be disappointed with what's in this version, some of you may love it. I really don't know, since I always seem to lose track of what's been changed/added. I can, however, provide you with a list of what's new that I can remember!

Change List said:
** Map Monsters feature. When enabled in the config menu, allows mappers to specify their own custom monsters (for standard waves and for the final wave) for their map, allowing for themic potential or just an alternative to the standard monsters.

** FHIEXP. When enabled, each monster you kill will go towards your EXP which can earn you prizes such as health packs, boosters, suicide bombs, obliterators and udamage packs. You can specify when you get the prizes by changing the multiples value (every X multiple, you get the next prize, eg 12, 24, 36). Don't forget to bind your keys in the controls menu! The keys are activate inventory item, next item and previous item.

** Around 48 maps now to frag monsters in.

** Invasion server browser option. For those of you who like to confuse standard Invasion players and potentially annoy them, you can enable this option in the config menu so that your FHI server shows up in the standard Invasion server list rather than the FHI one. May be useful, but can be highly annoying.

** More new monsters such as the Spikeball, Werebeast (with hoover), Flying craft, Zombie (with flamethrower) and tons more. A quick count reveals 41 monster scripts in my code, and you can access most of these using the Map Monsters feature!

** New melee stuff. If you like hammering things, you should hasten to select the Impact Hammer from UT upon spawning. If you're a purist and hate weapons entirely, try the new Kung Fu (improved from Stunt Man) - you even get health by hitting monsters.

There is a lot more that has changed, but those are the main key features. Just to sum up for those of you not in the know here's what FHI is:
Description said:
Fraghouse Invasion is a large collection of new maps, weapons, monsters, skins, models and a variety of other content that has been built from one code twist of the original Invasion. It takes the normal Invasion gametype and gives it a few subtle tweaks that make immense gameplay changes. Monsters are spawned at specific locations rather than player starts, meaning the players can start in a fort structure as a defence from the oncoming hordes of monsters!

Alright then, here's yer download! Download (136.51MB)

And of course, some screenshots to get you in the monster-killing mood.

[Edit]

lvlorpheus has got his uberserver up and running with FHI. Address: 195.20.109.45:7777

It's incredibly fast and stable, so it's generally suited to his changing the max monsters from 12 to 40. :dutch:

Last edited:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
:tup: Well done, again. I played around with it this afternoon and had good times :)

Growler

Jul 26, 2004
sorry for the late reply, but does it overwrite all the version 3 files, or is it ALL added extra stuff to go on top of v.3?

Istigkeit

Denied the best ultrasex
Mar 16, 2005
Arctic Stronghold
Got it running and fooled around online with it even (three available servers, two other players :) ) and it's a blast.

The weapons are cool, and I like the idea of taking out monsters with vehicles.

Only thing I would make a complaint about: all the weapons stay when dropped. Enemy weapons too. By the end of a dozen waves, you're wading through a sea of weaponry. Without the Awareness ability, you can't distinguish the monsters from the amount of weapons laying around.

Example:

[SCREENSHOT]http://img173.echo.cx/img173/3811/gunocean5ed.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

That's when it's not even that bad. I wouldn't care so much, but when some of the smaller levels are that full of guns, navigations is tough, and my poor fps tanks.

I'm having a great time with it otherwise though.

Istigkeit

Denied the best ultrasex
Mar 16, 2005
Arctic Stronghold
I've been playing a bit more and have some updated info on this problem. (I've come to regard it as a problem)

I don't think the first screenshot conveyed very well what I was talking about, so here's a couple better ones.

These two are top down views of this 'gun ocean.'

[SCREENSHOT]http://img184.echo.cx/img184/7117/gunocean046du.jpg[/SCREENSHOT] [SCREENSHOT]http://img231.echo.cx/img231/4564/gunocean066dy.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

This is the view standing in the middle:

[SCREENSHOT]http://img134.echo.cx/img134/6290/gunocean013jq.jpg[/SCREENSHOT] [SCREENSHOT]http://img134.echo.cx/img134/2755/gunocean032hv.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

When there's this many things onscreen, it seems to cause the weapon effects and even the monsters to disappear. You can still shoot and kill the monsters, they're just not visible. At first I thought this was just my PC not being able to handle all the animation, but the people I was playing with reported the same problems.

On some of the 'boss' maps, this can prevent you from even getting through all the waves to encounter the boss. There's no point in finishing all the waves when you can't see what's going on and things start vanishing.

I'm having a great time with it and want it to work out, so I hope there's some kind of solution I don't know about or something.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
This didn't happen for me when I played. Maybe it's a conflict with UT2004RPG, which I notice he is using. I'll try and duplicate this when I get home this afternoon. Other than that, this new version is hella fun, guys!