Mod Developers Week

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cunubelin

Absens haeres non erit (Soccerdad)
Sep 19, 1999
Sweden
2 names TO and SF

The last time Infiltration got involved in something like this it ended in a minor disaster.
IIRC it was the Make Something Unreal contest debacle.
Suffice it to say, Infiltration did not win and there was a rather inflamed "discussion" going on about wether the winning mod had used some copyrighted material in the version that they entered in the contest.

For those who remember, it was Bad.Mojo at his best/worst. Pick your choice. :)

C

RAZZ

aka FURY13RT
Im no psychic, but I think this mods been blackballed by the powers that be.

I mean, look at the ammount of work thats gone on here. look how far this things come from unreal.

wheres all the front page headlines?
wheres the awards and ****?
you dont find that a bit odd? : /

I dunno if its just me, but it seems the only people really reckognizing it are the ones outside gamespy.

RAZZ

aka FURY13RT
Just look at the site traffic for the forums.

seems pretty clear to me, they should be getting more air time on the front page, since this is one of planetunreals biggest draws. (far out paces everything else on the community forum list)

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
planetunreal front page pimping happens by sending a mail to redef, that guy isn't browsing every hosted site to find news

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Originally posted by RAZZ
Just look at the site traffic for the forums.

seems pretty clear to me, they should be getting more air time on the front page, since this is one of planetunreals biggest draws. (far out paces everything else on the community forum list)
Ah come on man ... :rolleyes:
Look at the 'news' at the Infiltration-site ...

There hasn't been any real news for over a month ... and except for the new colors almost each item has been mentioned on PlanetUnreal as well.
This isn't that other mod where they post every itty bitty news-item as if it was the end of the world ...

Even UnF is 'ignored' by PlanetUnreal ... for exactly the same reason : they don't have that much news to post on their own site => other sites can't post news on them ...

Here's an idea : instead of posting news about the various mutators only on the forums => pass it along as 'frontpage'-news ...
Let's see how much Inf gets mentioned after that ;)
So Keganator, Khutan & Yurch & all those Inf-mappers & developers out there : what'd you say ?

// ---
Maybe they picked NC & SAS because they're still new ?
Inf hasn't changed much ... maybe once 2.87 is released will it be worthy enough to mention on sites like these.
Same could be said for UnF ... until UnF-gold is officially released it's better that only the 'fans' know about it.

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
yes it had; a small, unsignifcant portion on it's newspage with the whole articles sumed up in less them 3 lines.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
What more was there to post about that trailer anyway ?
You can't honestly expect a ten-page newsitem on a small thing like that :rolleyes: ...

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
Ooooooohhh, when neo cario's trailer is out look how much PuF hyped them. :p Like Inf's, they are just trailers but they at least bother to include screenies and lots of rave about that one. With support of proper media, it'll definetly attract more of those who had not heard about the mod.