1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mixed voice packs, Cleaner? Ion Ace? Other smart peoples?

Discussion in 'Original Unreal Tournament' started by Boom, May 24, 2001.

1. Boom

Boom Rumpshaking Moderator

I'm pretty sure this has been addressed before, but Search Forums isn't working,

Here is the deal. I am using the cow skin. I changed the line in my ini under the [DefaultPlayer] section to read as follows...

Voice=BotPack.VoiceFemaleOne

So now I have the cow with Female voice1, which is 90% of what I want to do. The only problem. I can't moo. Needless to say, this is of the utmost importance.

I don't think I can tear apart a voicepack and add a moo to female voice 1 (even if I knew how to do that, I'm afraid the servers won't recognize it).

So I tried to set up a bind that would change that line from

Voice=BotPack.VoiceFemaleOne

to

Voice=MultiMesh.CowVoice

then do speech 3 5 0 (which moos in the cowvoicepack)

then change the line back to...

Voice=BotPack.VoiceFemaleOne.

Thus far I have been extremely unsuccessfull.

I'm not even at the point where I am trying to set up the bind (or alias, or textfile to exec). I just can't even seem to change voicepacks from the console. There must be a way, right?

Or, when Epic made it impossible to change teamcolor in game, did they also make it impossible to change voicepacks? If so, that suxors!

Am I missing something?

2. Boom

I just found this in Planetunreal's console commands section. But I have absolutely no clue what it means.

That's not even English to me. Am I totally on the wrong path here?

3. Swedix

Swedix Retired from UT2004

4. LittleFlower

LittleFlower New Member

The set command lets you set any variable in the game. Including which voicepack to use. There is only one problem. I think the change of some variables will not take effect until the next level is loaded. In other words, you can use the set command to change the voice, but then you have to disconnect from the server, and reconnect, and then your voice will have changed. Of course this will not help you with your problem. Sorry.

I think this limitation has been built in to prevent cheating. E.g. if it would be possible to change all kinds of variables during a running game, you could get some advantages that others don't have. In the end the game would be unfair to people who are less skilled in configuring undocumented binds.

5. Angel of Dath

Angel of Dath Insomaniac

many have tried this before...
    (compiled into utconsole)

exec function maletwo()
    {
    local PlayerPawn P;
    local class<ChallengeVoicePack> VoicePackClass;
    VoicePackClass = class<ChallengeVoicePack>(DynamicLoadObject("BotPack.VoiceMaleTwo", class'Class'));
    P=Root.GetPlayerOwner();
    P.PlayerReplicationInfo.VoiceType = VoicePackClass;
    P.UpdateURL("Voice", string(VoicePackClass), True);
    }

is the closest so far.. but it doesnt update the server.. only the client:/ u will change voice when u play online, but only u will hear it

6. 8-4-7-2

8-4-7-2 New Member

Swedix:

That's a great site but of no use here.
    The speech codes change with the voice pack you use

7. Tetris L

Tetris L Smartass

Sorry, AFAIK there is no way that you can change your appearance (model, skin, face, voice) in UT on the fly with console commands.

There is an explanation of the SET <classname> <variablename> <value> command on the UT Cleaned Keybinding guide and it is true that you can change virtually any setting in UT with it. The only exception from this is the [DefaultPlayer] section of the user.ini and this is where your appearance is defined.

8. Kray

Kray Time chaser

9. Boom

Hey, didn't someone just come out with a clientside mod that lets you switch teams from inside the game? Would that work?

10. ION_Ace

ION_Ace Assault player

the clientside teamswitch thing worked, yep

but afaik u can't change skin or voice while connected to a server(on a mapswitch u disconnect)

11. actually Boom its not nearly as difficult to custom edit voicepaks.
    for instance: i got SO sick of the bossvoice taunts in game that i
    used UnrealEditor to export the wavs the uax is made from, edited the ones i wanted ( wich was the hardest part ) and imported them back with the same names of the ones i wanted to replace & overwrite them.
    "Whitness My, Belllllch!...... prefection."

12. gramps

gramps New Member

that's nice for when you play offline. but that won't work online.

13. OshadowO

OshadowO Irregular

Terminal I think Boom wants to broadcast the moo to the whole server:) so changing voice packs won't help....cept that is a damn cool idea.

14. tested & true

yes it will, AND does for both. the file names are the same and that is how it works. duh.

15. gramps

gramps New Member

hey sorry, i didn't mean to offend you.

what i mean is, if you change the uax file itself and you go online you will hear the modified sounds. they are stored on your HD. but, since i have not changed the sound files i will hear the originals. that's all i mean.

16. no offence taken "/

yes, i am aware of that. but if you and the others want to hear that your more then welcome to.... I however dont, and that is the important part. :)

17. Boom

Yeah, thanks anyway Terminal, but that does me no good.

My audio binds are more for my friends to hear than for me to hear. We crack each other up with our binds. You can really have a little conversation with your buddies with voicebinds. :)

"Lets Rock"
    "On my way"
    "Yeehaw"
    "You like that"
    "Oh yeah"

I need my femalevoice1 so I can "Boom" at my friends.

I also wanted to be able to "Moo" at my friends. :(

I guess I can't Boom and Moo at people.

Oh well, I still got plenty to be happy about. I got a cow that says "Boom" and "Lets Rock." :D