Missing game type in vote menu

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TheCleaner

Sep 27, 2004
First, I would like to say that UT2Vote is a really nice mutator. Everyone that plays on our LAN server loves it. I installed UT2Vote44 when it came out and have been using it since.

Recently, I added another game type based on capture the flag. Here are the two entries that I have problems with:
GameType=(GameName="Classic CTF",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="CTF-Stadium2K4.ut2",MapPrefix="CTF",GameClass="XGame.xCTFGame",Mutators="utcompv13b.MUTUTComp",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=7?TimeLimit=12?MinPlayers=4?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=True?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=True?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0.5?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3")
GameType=(GameName="Capture the Flag",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="CTF-Stadium2K4.ut2",MapPrefix="CTF",GameClass="XGame.xCTFGame",Mutators="utcompv13b.MUTUTComp,ZenCodersWeapons2004.MP5_Mutator,ZenCodersWeapons2004.Benelli_Mutator",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=7?TimeLimit=12?MinPlayers=4?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=True?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=True?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0.5?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3")

Initially, I had "Capture the Flag" game type only. The players on this server likes the zencoder weapon mutator so we have that enabled by default in our CTF games. After some time, I started to miss the flak cannon so I reintroduced a CTF game type without the zencoder mutator - "Classic CTF". The problem started occurring after I added this new game type. "Classic CTF" is the similar to "Capture the Flag" but without the zencoder mutators. The problem is, sometimes one or both of the game types are missing from the game type vote menu. All other game types do not have this problem, e.g. Onslaught, Instagib CTF, Vehicle CTF, Mutant, UnWheel CTF.

Sometimes, when we vote for "Capture the Flag", we get the game type without the zencoder mutators. Sometimes, after a "Capture the Flag" game (zencoder mutator present), without switching game types, voting for a new game results in a game without the zencoder mutators.

I should also add that I have stats logging enabled (using Olstats). One peculiar thing is the game name logged in the log file is now always "Classic CTF" regardless of which of the two was picked. Don't know if this has anything to do with it or not but I thought I should mention it.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
I can tell you exactly what is happening. You are attempting to reuse the same gameclass twice (XGame.xCTFGame). That breaks one of the UT2Vote commandments.

One way around this limitation is to use GameMake with the latest version of ut2vote and create a second ctf gametype that will be used with the zencoder mut. Grab the goods at http://www.ut2vote.com and let us know how it goes.

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
That latest version of GameMake's gameconfig output lines is tailored for it and upgrading certainly wouldn't hurt, but you can certainly continue to use the existing build of ut2vote with the new gametype(s) you make.