Minimum Specs for the Game unreal t 2007

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

darthbobvilla

May 25, 2005
Does anyone know the minimum specs for the game or a forecast of what rig we would need to play the game at decent settings.

thanks

Xipher

I didn't break it, you did
Feb 15, 2004
Iowa
Well, from all the info I have gotten, currently the minimum video card will be the current generation ones (6X00 Nvidia, or current ATI ones) since it makes use of Pixel Shader 2. As for processing power, or memory, I'm not certian, Im thinking around 512MB for memory though, as a minimum.

I could be wrong here, so don't take my word for it. My main recommendation, is just wait and see really, as we are at least a year away from release.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
According to Tim Sweeney, a GeForce 6800 Ultra will be able to play the game with "Good detail" at 1024x768. For the optimal experience, you'll probably want a Dual Core Athlon 4800+, or else whatever the latest and greatest is at the time.

You'll also definitely want a AGEIA Physics Processer Unit.

Xipher said:
Well, from all the info I have gotten, currently the minimum video card will be the current generation ones (6X00 Nvidia, or current ATI ones) since it makes use of Pixel Shader 2. As for processing power, or memory, I'm not certian, Im thinking around 512MB for memory though, as a minimum.

I could be wrong here, so don't take my word for it. My main recommendation, is just wait and see really, as we are at least a year away from release.
Actually, minimum spec cards are like the GeForce 5950 or Radeon 9800. They also said they MIGHT do a Ugly hack for even earlier cards.

Last edited:

Xipher

I didn't break it, you did
Feb 15, 2004
Iowa
Dark Pulse said:
Actually, minimum spec cards are like the GeForce 5950 or Radeon 9800. They also said they MIGHT do a Ugly hack for even earlier cards.
Mmm, didn't realize they supported PS2? Also, I thought that interview Nvnews.net did with Tim he said Nvidia 6200 minimum.

EDIT, just relistened, and he did say 6200 low end.

Last edited:

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
radeon 9800 > 6200

It is much to early to start predicting Specs atm, especially with manufactures suddenly catching hold of the whole Dual cpu / gfx idea
Who knows how fast comps will be by then.....

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
Well yeah, he said it will support pixel shadar 2 cards (9800 and so on) but then again...look at the minimum specs for UT2k4...good luck trying to get a playable game on that unless you don't mind playing in 320x240 res :p
I'm planning to hopefully get a next gen graphics card, one of the G70s or whatever is coming out next. Should do the trick.

Nunchuk_Skillz

May 18, 2005
Yea, just wait until the demo drops and then upgrade accordingly. Comps & gfx cards will be way, *way* faster in a year, and as another person above mentioned, now that they're going the multi-processor route, it will get crazy fast.

In other words, if you think the specs on the Xbox 360 and the PS3 are over the top, wait until you see what's happening in PCs at this time next year, as PCs will blow them away (albeit, for a lot more money :D).

krjal

Minotaur
May 10, 2005
Australia
I'll wait for the demo probably or at the very least an official announcement.

I've 'only' got an oced 9800XT so I'll probably need it :p

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
Xaero said:
damn, I might have to upgrade my Ti4200 :lol:

:stupid:
I don't even have the 8x version of that card, :lol:

I'm definitely not touching anything new until the wave of next gen games are released. (Not just 2k7, but Quake4, ET: Quake Wars, and I'm sure there will be a new Crytech (Farcry) engine game out by then as well. Like Tim Sweeney said in his interview, it will take a 6800 ULTRA to run the game DECENTLY at 1024x768... ugh. I'm not paying $400 now for a vid card thats only gonna run 2k7 as well as my ti4200 runs 2k4 now... (1024x768 with nothing on but dynamic lights :( )

EL BOURIKO

May 24, 2005
We can speculate as much as we want to but for sure, the only wise thing we can do TODAY is just to start to save until the game reach the shelves and then we will see what we have to buy...