1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UE3 - UT3 Mini-map image problem

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Ionium, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Ionium

Ionium New Member

So I am trying to use this minimap image for my radar in my warfare map, but in the game it's black and white, and it's fine in the Generic browser. What am I doing wrong, or what else do I need to do besides set LODGroup to Texturegroup_UI when importing the TGA? :eek:

http://www.zerofrag.com/maproom/Bret_Hart/Valharamini-map3.tga

2. SmokeRingHalo

SmokeRingHalo Reigning King of DM/CTF Mapping

Never had that happen. I'd try the same settings that an ingame screenshot uses.

from DGUnreal:
    - Set "CompressionNoAlpha" to True, set "CreateMaterial?" to True, set "Lighting Model" = MLM_Unlit, set "LODGroup" to TEXTUREGROUP_UI and set "RGB To Diffuse" to True.
    - After the texture is loaded, right-click on it in the Generic Browser and choose Texture Viewer and set the NeverStream property to True.

Then move the texture inside the material so that it turns black (unlit)

I have to say that is a very nice minimap. I wish I could make mine half as good. Its the weakest part of my map. Good luck.

3. Ionium

Ionium New Member

Wow freakin weird, I turned off "SRGB" in the texture settings in the generic browser, and now it looks normal.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  4. Wail of Suicide

Wail of Suicide Member

Thanks. I'm thinking of making a small tutorial on how to make minimap images like this, it's actually pretty easy.

5. Ionium

Ionium New Member

I'd appreciate it if you did :cool: