1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Millions of dead from starvation and poverty, rest in peace.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Donnellizer, Aug 30, 2001.

1. Donnellizer

Donnellizer Fjæsing!

I want to take a moment to ponder the deaths of your everyday people, enough threads about rich singers dying. That same rich singer could have saved thousands of people from dying. People are only sad about her death because she's a star. Fame is bullshit. Open your eyes to the real tragedy.

Children living in poverty increased 38%

500 million people most under the age of five will not survive to childbearing age because there isn't enough food to eat.

Two billion people world wide live below the bread line in third world countries.

An expert for the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organizations said that if food production was organized as it is in Holland, there would be enough food to feed 67 billion people that's 15 times the worlds population. (An argument to show there is enough food to go round).

The British government dishes out 26 million a year to farmers to stop them producing food.

Americans spend 11% of their incomes on food while most of Africa spends 80%.

Every Year AT LEAST 40 million innocent men, women and children needlessly and ruthlessly perish on this planet (that's 7 Jewish holocausts) from hunger, starvation, disease and malnutrition.

Each day an estimated 2 billion people worldwide (1/3 of the planet's current 6 billion inhabitants) live in absolute abject poverty.

1.3 billion people in the world today struggle to survive on one (US) Dollar a day.

3 billion people in the world today struggle to survive on two (US) dollars a day.

to satisfy the world's sanitation and food requirements would cost only $13 billion (US)- what the people of the United States and the European Union spend on perfume each year

The assets of the world's three richest men are more than the combined GNP of all the least developed countries on the planet.

2. RogueLeader

RogueLeader Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"

Billions who died in poverty, rest in peace baby boyz and gurlz...

3. jaunty

jaunty If you disagree with me, you're wrong.

Kudos to you, Donny.

Its good to see that not everyone is totally ignorant of everything outside of their country's borders.

Indeed, a moment of silence for the people that go through so much s<u></u>hit every day, but are forgotten.

A word of thanks to them for making the clothes that most of us wear, and only get paid $2 a day to make.

And to the ones that fight everyday for liberation from tyranny and government endorsed poverty.

A word of no thanks to every western nation (including Australia) for hoarding the money, and not doing what they, as members of the UN :)rolleys:) say that they will do, "create a world without standards or class" (cough*BULL*****cough)

The people in poverty, in all countries across the world need our help, and we're too busy mourning a girl who did nothing but sing... :con:

4. DeadeyeDan[ToA]

DeadeyeDan[ToA] de oppresso liber

What? No addresses to mail their families at? Oh, I see... they're less important than a hot 22 year old girl. ;)

5. MiscMan

MiscMan The Grand Elitist

I don't mind standing on the piles of dead bodies so that I can slack off.

Economics are strange.

6. the vrrc

the vrrc noexistant user

*The-VrrC pays his respects.*
    And which rich singer are you referring to?

Edit: And shame on those countries that spend more on luxuries than helping the poor and others! Including America. (Especially America.)

7. Bad.Mojo

Bad.Mojo Commander in Chief o' the BMA

Amen, Don.

Of course, I'm still sad about Aaliyah's death, because anybody's death is a tragedy, a thieving of a son or daughter, a widowing of a wife, or the orphaning of children. The loss of a friend, brother or sister.

But I find it more tragic that we turn a blind eye to the suffering of innocents. For the 1% to live like Princes, the other 99% must first live like Paupers, and truly it is so.

When these children die, cradled in their mother's loving arms as she desperately tries to comprehend the situation, we make them poverty statistics for a two minute blurb on the news. When a child wakes up to find his parents crushed in the rubble of their home in the middle of the night, his story becomes a nameless, faceless two inch article in the back page of the local newspaper about the latest NATO airstrikes on Kosovo (3,000 civilians were bombed by NATO airstrikes, these airstrikes primarily conducted by Canada, the UK, and the US [that's in alphabetical order, not in what country killed more -- what does that matter? the blood is on all of their hands.])

While Aaliyah's death is still tragic as it would be for any aircrash, or, for that matter, anybody who dies in their youth without experiencing life first, we mustn't forget those who don't have biographies published upon their death, we must never forget those among us that we will never meet, and who will never again feel the warm sun on their face, the wind at their backs, the simple joys of childhood, or the meagre meal in their stomachs. We turn our backs on them because saving them means we can't by another sophisto-elitist coffee from Starbucks, the capitalist company that sells counter-culture, and promises "non-exploited coffee" while forcing these same suffering kids to pick their beans.

Where are their pictures in the paper? When are their tiny, whimpering voices ever heard?

Think about it, you selfish fu<i></i>ckers. Aaliyah at least had her wealth when she died at 22, she got to buy her hapiness. These people have no joys in life other than fear and conflict. Its up to us, as their proverbial rulers, to set them free.

Thankfully, not all of us think like the wonderfully Christian Optimizer, who thinks its such a Christian thing to do to turn his backs on people just because he'll never meet them -- indeed, be openly disrespectful to them for this reason. Don't think Christ is gunna let <i>you</i> into paradise, chief.

8. the vrrc

the vrrc noexistant user

As I said in the other post, I do care about the fact that a human lost her life, but I would like to state that I care about 700 times more about these people than someone who had a life like Aaliayha.