1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Military Loadouts that make sense...

Discussion in 'New Version Suggestions' started by Bullzeye, Jun 17, 2001.

1. zefran

zefran New Member

Here was my idea.

Get rid of the Bulk system. Its really pointless because all it effects is your stamina. The problem with that, is in combat, its not the bulk, or weight of your stuff (believe me, infantry guys have to carry alot of crap to the woods, and its all god damn heavy), but its the size of the equipment you carry. I've ran along god damn way with alot of heavy stuff and its not a real problem, but if its big, and bouncing around, and lots of it, thats a problem. So, to create a more realistic load out here is what I proposed.

Primary weapons are assigned a number. For this example, we will use the number 3.

Secondary weapons are assigned a number. For this example, we will use the number 2.

Other misc. stuff is assigned a number(ammo, knife).For this example, we will use the number 1.

We will count nades as number 0 for this example.

Okay, as a former infantry soldier, and just having general knowledge about combat, I can say, although we did not carry sidearms to the woods usually, it really would have been nice, and is really a good thing to have in CQB, so we will say we get a sidearm. Now, with the load bearing vest I wore, I could carry a max of 12 magazines, readily accessable. I could carry 6 grenades that were readily accessable. I also carried two canteens, and a knife. I also had a buttpack, but, it was not the easiest thing to get to in the middle of a fight, so we won't count that.

So, I carried ONE primary weapon, (although no sidearm, we will count that too) so we will carry one sidearm (for INF), and 12 mags, a knife, and 6 nades (MAX).

So now the loadout system.

When creating a loadout, you are allowed one weapon with a load number 3 (for this example), one weapon with a load number 2 (for this example), a max 12 items number 1(for example), and max 6 items load number 0(for example).

This would create a generally realistic load out which would enable us to carry a realistic loadout without going overboard.

Another though just came to mind, that that would be being able to select different load bearing vests. One for a Shotgun loadout,
    one for a rifle load out, and one for a nade launcher load out.

A 203 vest has holes for 22 rounds plus one in the barrel. Plus a max 6 magazines. Less mags, more nades. Now, to make it more playable, limit these numbers if you want.

There are things I didnt take into account, like nade launchers, sniper rifles and such, but this is just a simple example of one solution to the load out problem. I feel it would make for a more realistic playing experience (but until people play as a team, that experience is going to be limited).

-Jason

2. Pleuresaap

Pleuresaap Corporal Cock

I am totally against assigning loadouts. The thing i like the most of Inf is the abality to make your own choice about being a regular army grunt or a spec ops trooper. I always have spec ops loadout and go to battle using CT tactics. If you want to use army tactics with an m16 only, you can in inf! By making Inf either Specops only or regualr army only you would limit these gr8 possibilities!

I am totally FOR an X-COM type loadout system though. really gr8. limiting loadout to 1 primary, 1 secondary and a knife and nades wouldn't hurt me too since the only loadout i ever use is:

MP5/40A3 with suppressor and 4 mags
    Berretta with 2 mags
    knife (DOH!)
    2 nades

I think (and some1 stated that in this thread too) that you should be able to carry a lot more mags, i mostly not need any more but if suppresive fire will work i will need more than 5 mags.

3. karsh

karsh Y2KHippy-Karsh or WW2Hippy-Karsh

PLease, do Not force the load outs

If the server has a forced loadout for maps, people will find one loadout good and most will use that single load out and the games will be far less dirverse...

With the X-Com system, I played SF for the first time a month ago and with just that on my computer for 3 days I uninstalled it. The main reason being the X-com system and primery and secondry and grens and mags...

At the moment I love the freedom of Inf's loadouts,
    I currently have 21 different loadouts to use in different maps and different tactics and different teams...

all of my loadouts have one main weapon with 1 to 3 clips most with 2 for speed. I have only one loadout with gren's as they are to dangerous most times online, and this load out has 5 grens plus the simple gren launcher.

my two most pop load outs are Berretta with one clip (very fast running speed) and If i cant kill someone with a whole clip I shouldnt be alive, If I can there weapon is mine as I can use anything. The other is a simple Robar and Pistol.

If these loadout systems are changed how am I supposed to customise or realy pick up weapons off the dead.. What do i have to pick it up and then assign it a position on the person while takeing fire?????. remembering that im already painting a target on my by going out into the open to pick up their gun...
    hmmm???????

if people want to bulk up with several guns... run rings around them because you can and then when there dizzy set your gun to semi auto and place one shot in there forhead...
    Its not that hard to act smartly and take down those that have multiple weaopns....

4. karsh

karsh Y2KHippy-Karsh or WW2Hippy-Karsh

Sorry I forgot to note...
    for those players that carry a main weapon plus a shotty or FN P90 as a back up- I think of it this way, I wont even use the P90 with more than one clip as it is too heavy and the shotgun, please I can only afford two boxs of ammo because they are two heavy and both far to long to reaload. If Im out of ammo for a shotgun or P90 it is faster for me to through it away and find a new weapon than readload it and keep fighting.

5. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

The SF system doesn't even remotely look like the x-com system (well it does... very remotely).

With an x-com style system this is how it would look.

Now you see you are limited to what size goes where, the big square on the left is what you carry in your hands which is large enough to fit any weapon.. but you see no divisions so you can only fit 1 thing in there with the max size of the big square.

This soldier doesn't wear a LBV just a belt and as such there is not much room for stuff. to carry for easy access. He can however stuff a loty in his backapck. Like in X-com you can carry a lot of stuff.. however getting things from your backapack means it will take extra time.

6. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

The 2nd soldier decides he doesn't want a backpack and goes for the LBV instead, he can pack less stuff but has more ythings for fast acess. Note how the pockets on his chst alow for one large thing and a small thing stacked (only if the large thing fills the eintire large area) since you can't really get to any small objects if you stack em in that deep and narrow a pocket.

7. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

Now you tiue a timer to each are, so grabbing a mag from your belt would take say 1 second while grabbing that p90 from the bottom of your backapck underneath that AKMSU and the 4 drums takes say 30 seconds.

Also certain areas are limited tio what goes there. For uinstance the small areas next to the mag pouches are limited to grenades. The head load areas are limirted to repectively headgeur and eyewear (goggles, sunglasses, IR gear).

8. Pleuresaap

Pleuresaap Corporal Cock

The_Fur: I think there should be a pistol holster too, i'd like a knife AND a pistol. gr8 besides that

9. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

Well the soldier didn't choose em... if you look at the pictures.

The thing is you would simply choose which LBV's bacpack holsters whatever you wanted and then you get to choose where to place your items. If you choose not to carry a pistole you wouldn't carry a holster either.

10. GranoblasticMan

GranoblasticMan New Member

I'm starting to like the X-Com system.. But it still seems like it'd be more useful to special op's and not so much the normal battlefield soldier (which, I believe, is what INF is supposed to simulate?).

11. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

well the role doesn't matter, the only thing taht wwill change is his gear.

12. LCJr.

LCJr. New Member

Nicely done Fur I hope the moderators take notice.

13. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

*bump*

14. DeadEyeNick

DeadEyeNick New Member

I fully support Fur's idea.

15. St0rmcaller

St0rmcaller [AFA]'s unoffical godfather

I agree. Good idea.

16. yurch

yurch Swinging the clue-by-four

Do that thing you do, DarkBls.

17. DarkBls

DarkBls Inf Ex-admin

ALREADY in the queue !

18. yurch

yurch Swinging the clue-by-four

ahh, i see it. I thought it had slipped thru from before.

19. Space_Balls

Space_Balls New Member

X Com really looks great !!