1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Military Loadouts that make sense...

Discussion in 'New Version Suggestions' started by Bullzeye, Jun 17, 2001.

1. Bullzeye

Bullzeye A damn shifty character...

I'm tired of going online and playing against a guy with four different guns and nades.
    Let's be honest with ourselves, no real military would subsidize let alone allow a soldier to run into battle with an M-16, an M3, an MP-5, and a M92 Beretta...
    That is just stupid.

Here is a simple loadout concept

Primary Weapon

Sidearm

Grenades

Ammunition

Thats about it...

That may limit your firepower but it is far more realistic than some of these guys going ape nuts with a slew of weapons that could arm a small third world country.

Even SMG's should take up the same space as an Assault Rifle
    That may sound dumb to those of you who like to carry a small arsenal every time they play, but OH WELL!!!
    Sometimes, if you want to be realistic you have to BE realistic, don't just skin and model the guns and characters well, make the rules work realistically too...

This is by far the most realistic mod on the web, even more so that Counter Strike (if you disagree then you can kiss my ass) The rules already implimented are pretty good, but some do need that extra couple inches to be all the way there.

Also, perhaps we can make some really realistic additions to the loadout like the double clip and the grenade pouches...

Many soldiers in the field find it very efficient and easy to tape (with the industrial OD green tape they recieve) two clips together with the mouths opposite each other. Great for speed loading and great for carrying that extra clip. A little heavier on the gun but that never hurt anyone.
    Also the use of the packs that attach to the utility belts used in almost every military in the world. Seeing as not too many actual militaries still attach grenades to their utility pack straps (unless it's a third world country with no uniform military) most of them have moved to the pouches sewn onto the cases on the belts. It's extremely convenient and you can hold more grenades, whoopie...

I also put thought into canteens, that's right, canteens...
    with the stamina bar moving extra slow when you stop to rest after a sprint, i figure, hey, why not be able to take a drink that would allow you to more quickly restore your stamina. That is a very complicated concept though and I think it'll be awhile til we see anything resembling it...

:redeemer:

2. SoSilencer

SoSilencer Harry Goz (1932 - 2003)

I agree. For a while I thought the new bulk system was going to solve it, but it's very apparent that it hasn't.

Occasionally when I die I float around taking screenshots of weapons dead people drop behind (only works on servers that drop all weapons). By far the two most popular loadouts are...

M16/203/Acog w/ Shotgun
    M16/203/Acog w/ P90 (sometimes supressed sometimes not)

And here is one I've been seeing more and more of.

M16/203/Acog w/ HK69 w/ another weapon (splits about equal between all the other weapons)

It's pretty dumb and it ruins the teamwork. Why travel with your team when you have an m16 with a scope for medium to long range, a shotgun for cqb, and a grenade launcher for any situation. There is no need to travel with your team because your loadout can unrealistically handle every possible situation in INF. Meanwhile we all get screwed because we took a realistic loadout that composes one main weapon and one pistol.

I REALLY don't want to limit people to a main weapon and a pistol though because that in itself is an artificial limitation. I'm HOPING that if the team implements the X-Com system which works off both weight, space, and where an item is placed to determine the (Severe) penalties for carrying too much we won't have to implement unrealistic solutions.

Until they can implement that system though I think they should go ahead and limit loadouts to one pistol and one other weapon of the players choice. This way nobody could do everything and I think that although a lot of people would hate it (anyone who relies upon unrealistically large and heavy loadouts) I think it would bring about an increase in teamwork since nobody could do everything themselves.

3. Patgod

Patgod More sexy then Yurch

my loadouts usually go:

Main weapon

Pistol

Nades

thats about it

sometimes i go:

Main Weapon

Shotgun(pretending its the saw'd off one)

nades

4. LCJr.

LCJr. New Member

My loadout goes:

Main weapon + ammo
    Grenades(sometimes don't even carry them)

Most grunts don't carry a sidearm and to tell the truth I haven't been in that many situations where I needed one. Only exception is when carrying a sniper rifle and then I'll take a pistol only.

I do like your idea of limiting weapon selections but it will probably be unneccessary once body armor is introduced. Body armor will eat up money, bulk and make grenades less effective.

5. St0rmcaller

St0rmcaller [AFA]'s unoffical godfather

As for what Bullzeye said, I'm all for it.

6. LordKhaine

LordKhaine I sing the body electric...

My current fave loadouts are.

M16 (with NO attachments), and 2 nades

P90 (with flashlight), and 3 nades.

AKMSU and 3 nades.

Robar and M9

I often pack a sidearm, and im sure some of my future loadouts with have the sawn off remmy or uzi as a sidearm, but I like to get all the speed I can.

7. asmodeus

asmodeus DB addict

the only weapon I use another "primary" type weapon with is the robar... usually a smg

8. itskeiagain

itskeiagain Adept

Well, if INF is going for a military sim dealing with official military groups(not CT but more like Army and Marines and stuff), the loadout should not be up to individuals. Everyone should be assigned weapons and equipment, and nothing else.
    The server can choose what loadouts to be used by either teams in certain maps. How's that for realism?;)

9. GranoblasticMan

GranoblasticMan New Member

Sounds nice, but the military doesn't stop you from bringing a home-bought weapon to the field.

10. DeadEyeNick

DeadEyeNick New Member

Just as long as they kept the robar at home. :D J/K
    I playing the loadouts by the rulz,
    SIG551
    Frag Nades
    (Socom once they arrived)
    So Iagree with Bullzeye's loadout concept.

11. St0rmcaller

St0rmcaller [AFA]'s unoffical godfather

GranoblasticMan:

Um...What?! I can see you live in Florida, so it is pretty safe for me to assume you are American. And let me tell ya: that just ain't true.
    As an American service-member, you will be deployed only with the weapons you are issued. Any personally owned weapons, or modifications to your issued weapons are strictly prohibited.

12. itskeiagain

itskeiagain Adept

Re: GranoblasticMan:

That's just what I thought.

It just looks so strange to see such variety of weapons in one team.

13. GranoblasticMan

GranoblasticMan New Member

... Guess my logic failed there. :p
    Oh well, having preset loadouts only doesn't put a damper on me. I just use the M-16 w/M203 (2 'nades) and 2 frags. :D

14. R-Force

R-Force (IF)

Well, if we want to keep some freedom of loadouts, we should assume we are mercs and we buy our weapons... But i'm all for server designed loadouts ;).

Anyone remember the old thread about sharing a pool of money to buy weapons for the whole team? I think this could be an interesting option...

15. R-Force

R-Force (IF)

Btw my loadout is :

M16 (no attachement) + a DE (with enough mags for both)

Sometimes i use some other loadout, but i usually come back to my usual m16 loadout...

Why a DE? Because most of the time, if i run out of ammos for my main weapon in a firefight, a single shot from my DE usually finish off my foe (assuming he's already wounded).

Last edited: Jun 17, 2001
  16. DeadEyeNick

DeadEyeNick New Member

Anyone remember the old thread about sharing a pool of money to buy weapons for the whole team? I think this could be an interesting option...~R-Force
    Actually I was hoping they dumped all the weapons in a box and whoever ran up to the box first get their prefeb weapons. LOL :p

Anyone remember the old thread about sharing a pool of money to buy weapons for the whole team? I think this could be an interesting option...~R-Force
    Gee, I really don't know about this one. I rarely used up to 5000 bucks for my loadout. :D<- BigTime CheapSkate.

I'm with any idea as long as they are realistic and balance the gameplay. But so far I'm with Bullzeye. :)

17. itskeiagain

itskeiagain Adept

I usually do not carry a handgun after hearing that US infantry men usually are not issued handguns. I just carry one main weapon and a few frags. When I run out of ammo, I just use picked-up weapons.:)

18. Donnellizer

Donnellizer Fjæsing!

I usually carry:

Sig SG-551 Swat
    HK-69 Grenade Laungher/ 3 grenades
    4 grenades

As you can see I love my nades. I don't carry a pistol cause most US Infantry men (and other country's usually don't either) don't carry one.

19. Profe

Profe Posts: 918,731

hmm I really wont have a problem since my loadouts is usually an M-16 and 3frags but hmmm oh well what the heck it wont hurt me.:)

20. BlueSniper

BlueSniper if today was yesterday, what's tomarrow?

I LOOOOOVE THE IDEA! It would stop all the M203 bitching! And It would put an end to the credit system!

Dark Blast: PROCCESS IT NOW! YOU CANT GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS!