mid-week burnout

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
craze said:
you guys suck.
(Mr. $70 a month, OMG time to kill ISP!!!)
I have 6mb/sec down and 800kb/sec up and only pay $50 a month ... lol :D ;) Road Runner Business class rocks ;) Looking into higher speed lines and thinking about hosting webpages for money and also renting out gaming servers for cash too :D Lines would cost a lot more... but hosting enough stuff it would pay for itself fast. Next month or two im gonna look into that alot.

Last edited:

JACK SH!T

Evil Genius in a Nutshell
Sep 2, 2004
$n][pErMan said:
I have 6mb/sec down and 800kb/sec up and only pay $50 a month ... lol :D ;) Road Runner Business class rocks ;) Looking into higher speed lines and thinking about hosting webpages for money and also renting out gaming servers for cash too :D Lines would cost a lot more... but hosting enough stuff it would pay for itself fast. Next month or two im gonna look into that alot.
I thought you were on a T1....
T1=1500/1500
it's the up streem that makes the diffrence on a server, not the down.
I can't belive Craze's paying $70 for that connection :lol: :lol: :lol: I think my 5000/600 is $35. I'd have to look at my bill to be sure (Sprint DSL).

how do you rank on this test?
here's mine ;
Download Speed: 4859 kbps (607.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 605 kbps (75.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

damn close to the advertised speed of 5000 down/600 up!

Last edited:

craze

Jan 27, 2005
kk here:

Last Result:
Download Speed: 6502 kbps (812.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 347 kbps (43.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

my dl PWNd ya

JACK SH!T

Evil Genius in a Nutshell
Sep 2, 2004
craze said:
kk here:

Last Result:
Download Speed: 6502 kbps (812.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 347 kbps (43.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

my dl PWNd ya
anyone else take this test?
you beat me on d/l speed, but look at the upload.....So just what is your paid speed suppost to be? What you get and what you pay for are 2 diffrent thing....;) Mine is real close to what I pay for, 5000/600....Just under on the d/l, but just over on the u/l.
And my results are consistant

Last edited:

Shrimp

Seafood splatter
Jan 13, 2003
Deep in South Africa
shrimpworks.za.net
I pay what comes to around $160 (R1000 in South Africa) for my ISP account and actual ADSL connection. They are about $80 each, and i am allowed 10gb traffic a month. If I exceed my 10gb traffic, I have to buy more, at a cost of almost $12 per GB.

Being a 512kbps ADSL line, my download speed maxes out at around 51kb on a good day.

In addition, there is extreme port shaping on the connection, which causes things like FTP, file sharing, online gaming on servers outside of SA, etc, to be almost useless.

Fun hey :)

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
Shrimp said:
I pay what comes to around $160 (R1000 in South Africa) for my ISP account and actual ADSL connection. They are about $80 each, and i am allowed 10gb traffic a month. If I exceed my 10gb traffic, I have to buy more, at a cost of almost $12 per GB.

Being a 512kbps ADSL line, my download speed maxes out at around 51kb on a good day.

In addition, there is extreme port shaping on the connection, which causes things like FTP, file sharing, online gaming on servers outside of SA, etc, to be almost useless.

Fun hey :)

I think you've been conned.

BTW. nice looking map on the new screenies, is it one of yours?

Shrimp

Seafood splatter
Jan 13, 2003
Deep in South Africa
shrimpworks.za.net
Unfortunately not, it's a map that used to be "UW-AF-Germany" - a user-made map from pretty early in UW for UT2003's life. Found it lying around, thought I'd update it with the latest stuffies, and get it working with the UT2004 version as a Race track.

The default version is a night track, but since the visuals are so cool I made a day version [reverse] so you can see it better :).

I don't have permission yet to include it in the official release though ;).

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
What about highway to hell? :p where did it go? (I am kidding, I wasnt a huge fan, it was okay)