1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Micheal Crook gets a$$ raped

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NTKB, Sep 9, 2005.

1. NTKB

NTKB Banned

2. ravens_hawk

ravens_hawk New Member

Yes this is old.
    Yes he was/is a moron.
    He also looks like a moron, I mean really what's with his face? (I know that has nothing to do with his statement but damn...)

3. 5eleven

5eleven I don't give a f**k, call the Chaplain

If I didn't know Tiny Tim was dead, I would have thought that's who it was. ****hears Tiptoe through the tulips**** in the background.

4. cracwhore

cracwhore I'm a video game review site...

Controversy!

I wouldn't say he got ass-raped. I'd say he was verbally assaulted by an unprofessional and overly-emotional journalist - not that I like unemotional journalists...

I believe he may have made a few good points. I don't know much about the guy - so I can't really give you an in-depth opinion.

I have a certain respect for the military (just a personal interest) - but I do believe that the freedom of speech is a right - not a gift (although, realistically, it is a 'gift' that our government controls). I don't think the troops have anything to do with these freedoms in this circumstance.

Whenever the government or media tells you that the troops are going out to 'protect your freedoms' it's just propaganda. The constitution is protecting your freedoms. The soldiers are just doing what they're told to do.

You know who else protects your freedoms? Lawyers. But you don't see the government and media going around - blowing up on people making lawyer jokes.

The soldiers have the ability - should we ever need them to - to defend this country from an opposing military (wow - really?). And in the case of an invasion - yes - they would be fighting for the country, protecting the ideals of America. I can accept that phrase 'protecting your freedom - allowing you do have your opinions' in that case.

And I'm sure some people sign up for that - because they feel as if they owe the country something. And I'm sure there are those few individuals that honestly believe they are fighting to protect American freedom. There are selfless soldiers that would give up their lives so that we can enjoy our 'peaceful American lives'. But you know what? So do some of our government officials, judges and lawyers.

The troops work for the government. They sign up for their own reasons - some of them (probably a lot of them) are dumb. To some, it's just a job, to others, it's a responsibility and a privilege. Once they're in - they're in - and they don't have much control over their destiny from there on out. So what they 'decide' - is up to their commanders.

I mean, look at it this way - what do they have to gain, by being objective, and treating each fallen soldier as an individual?

Not much.

During war - we (well, some of us) like to think of ourselves as a collective. You can't help but get pissed when you watch the news and see a terrorist attack where citizens are murdered simply for being on schedule that day.

In a situation of crisis - you can't help but to put yourself in their shoes and imagine - 'what if that were me?'

So, it becomes second nature to just lump everybody together - assuming that we all share the same goals and opinions.

To some, this is comforting. To me, it's frightening.

The military recruiting process is, pretty much - a lie. The way they try to sucker-in teenagers is pretty sickening. I remember watching this documentary of these two marine recruiters. They went to the poorest, trashiest communities they could possibly find - and they hounded these kids to join - following them around in their truck, calling them daily, calling them names for not joining, etc.

In High School - the recruiter would sit in our lunch room and target out the poor people, explain to them how much better life would be if they enlisted...

And I suppose, for certain people - it is...

They make it seem as if you won't go to war and die. They make it sound 'fun'. They pressure you into joining and they promise you education...

You sign up because either - they promise you this and that (you can't smell the bullshit), you feel the need to become a leader in the armed forces - to become something great, you're over-patriotic and just want to shoot things or - because you're broke and don't see any other options.

That's basically it.

So, I don't feel for (or pity) the soldiers any more than I feel for people that work shit jobs here in the states. That shit is out of my control. What they do with their lives is their own business. They got themselves into it - one way or another - they know the risks. And, since it isn't a draft - yes, technically - it is their fault for dying (joining).

I'd agree that it's not very tasteful to call dead soldiers names - and the remarks from his site are 'stupid' - for lack of a better word. I'd disagree that soldiers are overpaid - having some good friends and family members having served - they're not exactly loaded.

But, I do hate watching the media trying to 'spin' the death of every soldier - saying that they personally give me the 'gift' of 'freedom'. That's just not true - and it reminds me of the exact same thing we're fighting against in the middle east...

Patriotism is a dangerous, controlling tool. The people in power realize this - and will do everything they can to make you more emotional and less rational. That's just how it works. Sorry.

They make you feel guilty for even suggesting that we sit back - and view things objectively for a second - rather than jumping to conclusions.

Could you imagine what it would've been like - to speak out against the Japanese internment camps during World War II? People would probably think you were insane. You'd probably be threatened, and possibly - hurt for your opinions.

How is that 'freedom of speech'?

Really, you should all be thanking this guy for being such an 'idiot'. Because the second he's not allowed to do so - you aren't either.

It'll be a fucked up day - when everybody agrees on what is 'right'...

This doesn't mean I don't respect and admire certain military branches and what some soldiers are capable of. I just don't fellate them and accept all of my government's actions as 'protecting my freedom'.

P.S. 5-11, that was completely appropriate. I thought the exact same thing.

5. Olethros

Olethros Functional alcoholic

Basically, what Crackwhore said. But of course: Did anyone think that FNC would let that guy on the air without thoroughly checking that his oratory skills were below even those of Sean Hannity? (Who does not hold any degree in journalism or - indeed - any degrees at all since he never finished college. According to wikipedia, at least.)

If Michael Crook got done in the ass on that segment, it was by far the most pathetic, fumbling, amateurish quasi-buggery I ever saw. Only made possible by the rapee literally bending over and spreading his cheeks for his flaccid-dicked assailant. I can only hope the number of liberals even dumber than the average FNC pundit is diminishing to the point where they could accidentally let someone like, say, Matt Cale on - possibly disguised as a semi-retard like Michael Crook - to give us the pleasure of watching them try shouting their mindless rethoric to someone with half a functional brain for a change.

I never get tired of hearing that conservative logic: "The troops defend your freedom, so you shouldn't use it. And if you do, you're an America-hating pinko liberal terruhrist-sympathiser and should shut up or get out. You filthy atheist commie, you!" Priceless.

Since when did U.S. troops fight an enemy that threatened the average american's freedom of speech anyway? Huh? As if we heard Kim Il Sung say "oooh, you yankee doodles with your annoying freedoms! We gonna come over and shut you up good this time!" Or maybe it was Ho Chi Mihn who declared total war on NBC for airing political debates? Or perhaps Saddam Hussein and his mighty Republican Guard with their invincible but damn near 50 year-old T-55s were massed at the U.S. border ready to roll over the green green grass of home the next time Bill O'Reilly pulled some made-up statistics about the french-american trade balance out from his ass on national TV!

So if you want to claim the troops defend your freedom of speech, have them carpet-bomb the FCC. You might have to endure the sight of Janet Jackson's wrinkled old boob for a couple of seconds every now and again, though. A gargantuan sacrifice, I know. Conversely, 1895 (and counting) dead U.S. servicemen in Iraq isn't that big a deal, perhaps?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2005
  6. 5eleven

7. Arethusa

Arethusa We will not walk in fear.

Well, Sean Hannity's an obnoxious, stupid cunt. Remarkably, if Crook is more an obnoxious, stupid cunt— that is, he would be, if I believed he was real. Which I don't.

Personally, having dealt with recruiters and knowing people who've been fucked over by them, even if I had a disagreement with pay and benefits in the military— which, for most soldiers, if anything, I find lacking— anyone'd be hard pressed to rationally blame the majority of soldiers for being where they are.

In any case, crac's basically said everything on the subject I would. It'd be nice if everyone'd stop paying attention to FOX news, though. Maybe then they'd fucking go away.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2005
  8. 5eleven

I read your post crac, and for the most part, I agree with what you've said and I think it's pretty well written.

As far as recruitment - I didn't either notice or put up with any enticing crap from a recruiter. I knew that I wouldn't make it in college at that time, and I knew my parents didn't have the money to send me. I also respected my dad immensely for two things: 1.) Having served in the US Army during Viet Nam, specifically in the Northern I Corps during the Tet Offensive, and 2.) He never sat around crying and moaning or feeling that "no one understood", or owed him something. He didn't turn to drugs or alcohol, didn't feel sorry for himself, didn't belly up to the bar with all the other self-absorbed "veterans" at the local VFW or American Legion. He didn't inflate his service, wear "Viet Nam Veteran" T-Shirts or hats, didn't have "Jane Fonda - American Traitor Bitch" bumper stickers on the family car, and he didn't sit around telling me war stories. He raised a family, busted his hump, put himself through college not once, but twice, and worked his way up from nothing to raise his kids and tried to provide, as best he could.

Anyway, I knew that I wanted to do that - to do my time, something I felt I owed not only my country, but my father.

I sought out the recruiter, I told the recruiter what I wanted to do, and I enlisted - at 17.

Funny thing. I had to get my parent's permission to enlist at that age, and that did not go over well. My dad did not want me to go into the military, and I believe that was the first time I actually saw my dad cry. Years later, when I got out, I found a note that my dad had attached to my enlistment papers for my recruiter. It wasn't very nice, and told the recruiter that if he tried any funny crap with his son, that he would hunt him down and find him, wherever his duty station and that payback would not be, um, pleasant.

That is all.

9. U/D/T/SNAKE

U/D/T/SNAKE Only partially annoying now

Lol, 5eleven I doubt many of these guys remember tiny tim. And yes, they never put on the other side without knowing befeforehand that they are inarticulate idiots. I thought of many good arguments as I watched the video that the young tiny good say (even though I dont agree), he could have easily said that whether troops fight in Iraq or not, my freedoms here are still in tact...so whats it all worth. If we lose same difference...so whats it all worth...(just saying what he could have said). The interviewer is a total moron...I'd nail him to a wall with his dogma, but they take people who get rattled at these verbose and self engrandising questions...and Hannity is a ***** by the way.

10. 5eleven

Yeah, that is also true. Didn't Tiny Tim have a girlfriend or wife with some goofy name?

Anyway, the only other observation that I'd like to make and/or point out: While I am a talk radio psycho, (and yes, I do listen to some more liberal talkers) why is it that "conservative" hosts, why is it that 99.9% of them blindly support all military action and feel the need to run to the defense of service men and women, yet have absolutely NO military experience whatsoever? If military service is so honored, revered and respectable, why didn't any of them serve? Reminds me of Michael Moore asking congresspersons why they don't send their own kids over to fight a war.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that they support the military, but come on..................

11. w00p

w00p Windows at its best

I must say, that whoever that guy is thats hosting the show, he's the most hypocrite person I've ever seen. Lecturing someone about respect and continuously interrupting him, raising their voice and generally trying to get the guy to feel uncomfortable.
    He's just acting childish, while the Micheal Crook dude (really don't know him, and indeed he looks creepy, has few staved opinions and all that...) keeps his tone at the same level.
    He's just trying to explain his opinion...

And btw, as if the thousands of soldiers in other countries fighting "terrorism" are going to help the american guys freedom of speech. On the other side, the military is a very helpfull and organised force for things like rescue operations. Forsaking the troops would be stupid, but having thousands of troops not readily available where the tax payer actually needs the slightest bit of them, is ridiculous.

Don't really know what to think of this but a big fat "meh" to both parties on that video.

12. NTKB

NTKB Banned

http://www.katrinapwnedthem.com/

Cant wait till a massive blizzard hits his part of NY and he gets trapped in his house and starves. Then we can go LOLOL you got PWNED!! LOLOL You chose to live in that area so you got what was coming to you! LOLOL :rolleyes: