UT MH-DarkWhite

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DeathoX 8

Beta Toaster
Jan 20, 2008
================================
M H - D A R K W H I T E

Version 0.73
Last update 27/03/11

Filename: MH-DarkWhite
Author: DeathoX 8 (a.k.a. XYZ 8000)

Description

I had this map sitting almost finished on my hard disk for quite some time (I think I started it in 2008...), I finally decided to finish it for good. In the last couple of days I've given it the finishing touches and I fixed the bot pathing, and here is the finished product.

This is a rather unorthodox Monster Hunt map taking place in a greyscaled world.
As you will notice playing the map, this level is more of an arcade gameplay-based map rather than a moody, atmospheric adventure. I chose the monotonous grey theme to allow for large quantities of monsters without impacting too much the performance, due to the absence of lighting (the whole level is zonelighted).

I balanced the level so that there would be very few dead spots, the whole map is action packed and you will keep shooting for most of the time. Monsters, weapons and ammo are plentiful, and if you die you will be able to get right back into the action thanks to the many respawn points and teleporters.

Make sure to play with quite some players (or bots) since the map is pretty hard (but definitely doable, even in classic MH).
You will have to keep moving to avoid the bunch of projectiles flying around, camping will not get you very far. Depending on your play style some sections might be a little harder than others, try to not limit yourself to only your favourite weapon since each situation requires a different approach.

Bots will play the map rather well (considering MH Bot support is pretty broken), but they will not be able to complete the map unassisted. I spent a lot of time trying to fix them but due to the large scale of the level there are some places where they get stuck for no apparent reason.
I recommend to order them to follow you, that way they will work correctly through the whole map. If you see them getting stuck and not following you (like in the room right after the Titan fight) just go ahead alone and they will catch up using teleporters.

Enjoy

ScreenShots

[Screenshot]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h46/XYZ8000/MH-DarkWhite-1.jpg[/Screenshot]
[Screenshot]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h46/XYZ8000/MH-DarkWhite-2.jpg[/Screenshot]
[Screenshot]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h46/XYZ8000/MH-DarkWhite-3.jpg[/Screenshot]

Download

www.DeathoX8.com/Maps/MH-DarkWhite.html#Download