1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Metroid: Other M

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Trynant, Sep 11, 2010.

1. dragonfliet

dragonfliet I write stuffs

You're missing the point. The critical hatred of this game is twofold. First, it's just not a very good game. Second, they've completely changed the character in between two well-known games (Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion) and completely changed her from a badass super-soldier who cows to no one and made her into a sniveling, weak character who tows the line of a typical 1950's housewife. It is not only a blatant example of the misogyny that proliferates in the arena of videogames, but it a disingenuous representation of a well-known character. I would be as if Bungie released a Halo game in between Halo 2 and Halo 3 in which Master Chief had segments called: Dear Diary and cried about how much he just wanted to be loved. It is likewise similar to making Han not shoot first--it is stripping away part of the essence of a character already known. It isn't developing them, it is killing them.

~Jason

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  2. Balton

Balton The Beast of Worship

wait, are you implying that Han didn't shoot first in the originals?

3. Agent_5

Agent_5 Replica?

I certainly remember Han shooting first...

4. Dont be a nubcake

Dont be a nubcake New Member

lol WTF:eek:

5. ambershee

ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks

Han did shoot first ;)

6. Kyllian

Kyllian if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;

Hell, I caught one comment bashing her from a guy that never played any Metroid game
    If you never played the game nor any of the franchise, shut the f*ck up

7. dragonfliet

dragonfliet I write stuffs

Ack, whoops. Left out a "not" there. Han shoots first, any other way is blasphemy or a grammar mistake.

~Jason

8. SleepyHe4d

SleepyHe4d fap fap fap

Haha, suuuuuuuuuuuuuure....

(fail)

9. Dont be a nubcake

Dont be a nubcake New Member

I added a laser beam in just now to clear things up. Moar reptiles in the bar scene too ?

10. Trynant

Trynant Manic Brawler

Adam won't authorize it.

Seriously, that is the worst reasoning for Samus's lack of powers in this series yet (and there were some pretty ****ty explanations before).

I literally went all the way through a lava world, taking heat damage, only to get the Varia suit when Adam realizes it might help during the boss fight. W. T. F.

11. toniglandyl

toniglandyl internal data fragmentation : 62203480%

12. UBerserker

UBerserker old EPIC GAMES

Team Ninja go back making another amazing Ninja Gaiden game because you're great at it at least (NG2 is still my fav action game).

Or not. Now that Itagaki is gone, we'll get Sigma-quality crap.

13. Capt.Toilet

Capt.Toilet Good news everyone!

Oh waaa. With Itagaki gone, maybe the focus won't be on womens breasts for a change. And how exactly were the Sigma games bad? The first Sigma was considered to be the definitive version. Part 2 did get a little censorship, but didn't all that blood create a bunch of slowdown? I say it's for the better.

14. UBerserker

UBerserker old EPIC GAMES

That's another person who focus on boobs (Hayashi or whatever, the one who did the Sigma stuff). And no, Sigma 2 was worse than the original NG2. Fog-like crappy effect instead of gore, terrible gameplay changes and worthless new characters. It was ruined.

Practically Sigma 2's only new feature was boob physics D:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  15. Leo(T.C.K.)

Leo(T.C.K.) Well-Known Member

I knew it was gonna suck as well, I mean just look at the name...my god...

They could as well handle the game developement to a certain guy I know and I bet he would make a great game compared to this, even though he is kinda out of the business.

16. Mister_Prophet

Mister_Prophet .

I'll say this much. Whoever does the next Metroid title has some work cut out for them. I would just say that it might as well pay to revert Samus back to the silent, non-twatified character she was supposed to be...but those cutscenes aren't gonna wash out of my memory any time soon.