1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Merry Christmas.....Here is your new kitty back from the dead

Discussion in 'Other Stuff' started by OO7MIKE, Dec 24, 2004.

1. OO7MIKE

OO7MIKE Mr. Sexy

"The kitten cost its owner $50,000 and was created from DNA from her beloved cat, named Nicky, who died last year."

"He is identical. His personality is the same," the owner, Julie, told The Associated Press in a telephone interview. Although she agreed to be photographed with her cat, she asked that her last name and hometown not be disclosed because she said she fears being targeted by groups opposed to cloning.

"It's morally problematic and a little reprehensible," said David Magnus, co-director of the Center for Biomedical Ethics at Stanford University. "For $50,000, she could have provided homes for a lot of strays."

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory?id=355109

I guess its morally wrong to own a BMW.

2. Stakhanov

Stakhanov Invisible Pink Unicorn

He he... considering the amount of pet food consumed each year , it's not a crime...

I think you have a problem if you became so attached to a cat that you have to buy a clone , though.

3. oosyxxx

oosyxxx teh3vilspa7ula

we had a discussion about that at work. pictured at the bottom of the paper was the cat clone and the article talking about how the owner dropped 50 grand. only 5 or 6 inches above it was a picture of a starving kid from Grozny, clad in 1920s-style clothes, dirty and crying while begging for food and or cash. then i pointed out a guy who was convicted for murder and ordered to serve two life sentences. rob said once he's gonna die they should clone him and make his clone serve the second life sentence. now that's what i call TEXAS JUSTICE.

4. QUALTHWAR

QUALTHWAR Baitshop opening soon.

Oh, so this cat eats, sleeps, craps, sheds, purrs, and claws stuff up just like the other cat. Amazing!!

5. Stilgar

Stilgar Ninja

I figured something like this would happen sooner or later. I hope the cat ****s on her bed while she's sleeping in it.
    \
    Merry Xmas!!11@

6. GoldenMouse

GoldenMouse Mad Hatter

People need to realize that clones are equivalent to twins. I've known a few pairs of identical twins over the years, and they're quite different from one another, despite sharing the same genetics.

7. GoldenMouse

GoldenMouse Mad Hatter

Not to mention the slight ...problem the degenerated telomeres present.

[Edited to deal with lag-induced double-posting]

Last edited: Dec 26, 2004
  8. AMmayhem

AMmayhem Mayhem is everywhere

I think we have a cat hater here!

9. oosyxxx

oosyxxx teh3vilspa7ula

i bet a cat would never suspect anyone of lighting his fart on fire.

10. QUALTHWAR

I like cats, sometimes. I like them because they remind me of miniature tigers, but their habits can be a problem. We had cats for years, but they became too much of a problem. They clawed up furniture, stunk up the house, and crapped and peed on stuff. We had a female cat that would pee on stuff to mark it just like a male cat does. It didn’t do it all the time, but enough to ruin expensive things.

Then the last straw came when I walked into the bedroom and saw this cat crapping right in the middle of our bed. This was a cat that was trained to use a cat box, but on this day it decided to go on the bed. We got rid of all the cats after that.

11. Nachimir

Nachimir Crony of Stilgar

You all know my view on pets ;)

12. Mister_Prophet

Mister_Prophet .

Cats suck. Anyone who likes cats should get cancer.

13. Mister_Prophet

Mister_Prophet .

Sorry about the cancer comment...I just....I really hate cats.

14. OO7MIKE

OO7MIKE Mr. Sexy

Dont worry your head there Mister Prophet...ahem...soon it will be all over with and we will have no choice but to clone you and make you into a kitten. Yes, a furry little head will become of you soon. Rest now...rest well.

15. Imagofer

Imagofer -_-

[​IMG]
    !!! Prophet Cloned !!!

16. Mister_Prophet

Mister_Prophet .

17. QUALTHWAR

Cats are like tiny tigers or lions. That's the only thing that appeals to me because i think lions and tigers are cool.

18. Chrysaor

Chrysaor Lord of the Pants

I think the woman's in denial. Or bored.

Either way, I'm totally for more TEXAS JUSTICE! lol

19. Mister_Prophet

Mister_Prophet .

Tigers and Lions are cool. They aren't pampered pansey animals. Cats? Tiny Tigers? I think not!

Cats strut their shiit around like they are the most emaculate thing to ever come into contact with your eyes. They prance about giving you that narrow slight gaze before perking their head up over to the kitty litter. It isn't enough that you rescue them from the ghetto pet shop, you have to EARN their respect and affection by pampering them and putting up with their bullshiit. Cats are the spoiled, rich white biitch of the animal kingdom.

20. oosyxxx

oosyxxx teh3vilspa7ula

i wub my Cat :D