[Merged Threads] U2 Mod/Add-on HELP requested

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dead_Metal

I'm something - But I don't know what.
Feb 13, 2004
well I specifically state that it is u2 mod and looking for coders and such.. no one holds a gun to their heads and says look at this and waist your time........if they don't want to see it don't bother looking at it..... I mean seriously, some ppl never thought of joining a mod maybe but might like the idea given out.....its not rocket science. Well for some of us it isn't. ...solidsnake

FireSlash

Whats a FireSlash?
Feb 3, 2001
Central Ohio
www.unrealannihilation.com
The point we are trying to make is that no real idea has been given.
Enhanced team play, A few new weapons to the arsenal, Non-linear level design
Expanded concepts from Unreal 2
Those concepts can apply to almost every mod in existance. My mod has "Enhanced team play", and almost every SP mod I know of has "Non-Linear level design".

I'm just suggesting you put together a design document, which outlines the mod's outer and inner workings, so people know what they are signing up for.

For an example, http://ua.tauniverse.com/?page=info (UA's design document). Now, ours isn't nearly long enough or detailed enough (yet), but it should give you an idea of what we are looking for :)

Dead_Metal

Feb 13, 2004
You know thats funny, cause if ppl were interested in an idea you'd think they'd explore it, it even says not to give out much info on your mod in an open forum....... gee hi would u like to steal my idea? TY..appreciate it.

JamesKilton

UA Coder
Oct 6, 2002
Everywhere and Nowhere
Visit site
If you're worried about your "special super secret idea that everyone will be amazed at..." will be used by someone else if you post it here, then just leave. This is a community, none of use are here to make money. You want total secrecy on your mod, then find somewhere else to recruit people, that's not how this community works. We help each other out, give pointers, let you know what will and what won't work. Please stop treating this as professional game development.

Dead_Metal

Feb 13, 2004
Understandable but even in the recuitement suggestions done by unreal wiki, says not to give too much info out on a mod. Remember, that if you mention ideas that seem that good that someone else wants to use em, what is to stop em? and if they get it done before you >>>who looks like the hack? You do. Now I wasn't very clear after I made those posts but ppl did ask for info so I gave em info, couldn't give em artworks/drawings cause well need a scanner to do that, and another thing I couldn't do was give pics out of project maps that weren't anywhere 25% done. Also I left my email on each posts as it shows above, so if these ppl wanted info personally I would gladly give them what I did the others....A ROUGH OUTLINE. Of course with an unexpected change all those posts and info presented on the mod, have become invalid. So Unreal 2: Survival will be the project and if you don't mind, plz stop given me grief on this subject, especially when i played by your rules.