melee weapon questions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

beer me

Jun 21, 2003
Visit site
i have a couple question about melee weapons(hand to hand fighting). I know how to do the codign for the weapon as far as vectors and stuff goes but i am unsure abotu a few things.

1) i want to make the melee the default weapon to start with(and get rid of all of the things you do start with like shield gun, translacator, and assualt rifle.

2)i know how to do animations for normal guns, but i am not sure how to do if for hand to hand combat....IF i jsut take one of the models from UT2k3 and do the animations with him, will the animations i did with the one model carry over to all the other models in the game? Or do i have to do melee animations for each model?

thx

EvilDrWong

Every line of code elevates you
Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
1) check the code for the Arena mutators, its got that kinda stuff in there.
2) Use the MercMaleA skeleton to make the animations and itll work just fine. Theyll look a bit odd on the GMK models (because the male skeleton doesnt have the chicken legs) but its not too noticable, and if it bugs you that much you can draw up the animations on the alien skeleton as well.

vulture987

Dec 18, 2002
everywhere (omnipresent)
Visit site
my lord, if you make a good looking sword/axe/baton for UT2k3, then i would GLADLY be your bitch, i have been waiting for a good melee weapon for this game since it came out.

Some help- the "Trigun UT" mutator that adds the colt .45 revolver may be of use to you. While it is somewhat buggy in its primary fire... which is oddly enuff probibly its simplest part as far as coding (slow RoF, 1 instant hit projectile per shot), its secondary fire is turning the gun around and striking with the butt of it, an effective pistol whip. Its free of bugs in that aspect, although it steals sound FXfrom half-life. mebey you could check out its coding.

beer me

Jun 21, 2003
Visit site
maybe eventually, it kind of depends on were i want to go with the mod, i have a lot of ideas floating around in my head, but all of them involve some kind o fa melee, so we will see