1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mechwarrior 5!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ilkman, Jul 9, 2009.

1. ilkman

ilkman The Outcast God

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  2. Phopojijo

Phopojijo A Loose Screw

It's not a Thor, Thor is clan tech. This is about 30 years before the clans showed up.

3. ilkman

ilkman The Outcast God

Yes, you're right.
    I did a bit more searching. It looks like a Warhammer.

4. tool

tool BuFs #1 mom

This isn't going to really be Mechwarrior 5 in sequel sense. This is more of a reboot of the series, and takes place about 25 years before Mechwarrior 1.

5. Mister_Prophet

Mister_Prophet .

I've only played the first one. A loooong time ago.

6. TWD

TWD Cute and Cuddly

The game title is actually just "mechwarrior". There's no number. Check out the IGN interview for lots of info:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/100/1002164p1.html

I'm excited for the game, but I am also a bit skeptical. After reading the interview it's very clear that this is being made by people that have a big passion for the BattleTech universe, and understand completely what made the original MechWarrior games successful. Many are already claiming "oh it's just going to be more consolized crap", but after reading the article I couldn't disagree more. Sure they're going to have to make it work on xbox360, but the developers clearly understand the sim nature of the game. At this point I'm more worried about them going the other direction and making the game too inaccessible.

However, I'm also concerned that their ideas are going to be too big for practicality. They have a lot of good ideas, but they aren't very concrete yet. It reminds me of the kinds of ideas I had for games back when I was a kid and first played the MechWarrior games. Furthermore even if they do pull it off this game is going to take a long time to make. They're going to need a publisher that will give them lots of freedom, money, and patience.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  7. Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop is cool

I only played mechwarrior 2, I thought it was kinda meh.

8. Wail of Suicide

Wail of Suicide Member

I'm wondering how they're going to balance this game. I remember playing Mechwarrior and Mechwarrior 2 quite a bit back in the day and my strategies always revolved around shooting the legs out from enemy mechs. Even though I'd be disappointed if legging opponents were entirely removed from the game, it was way too easy and too dominant a strategy in past games.

9. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

If it's really a reboot then it doesn't matter. Plus the second one must be OLD. ;)

10. Lizard Of Oz

Lizard Of Oz Demented Avenger

Why hasn't Mikey Bay made this into a horrid movie yet?

11. Jackal

Jackal Crapass

quiet you! It would just be like transformers but with more Michale Baysplosions. Or it would be exactly like transformers, they just won't be in disguise.

12. Phoenix_Wing

Phoenix_Wing Official Kantham Stalker

*Clutches Mech Assault 2: Lone Wolf Box* Your the only Mech Game for me...

Cant wait to see this come out though, looks fantastic! Always been a fan of Mech Assault & Warrior

13. Mister_Prophet

Mister_Prophet .

Wait. I did see a movie as a kid that was KINDA like mechwarriors. Only the mechs were as big as buildings and it was some kind of competition type thing. I wish I remembered the name of it. Some sci-fi flick.

14. Phopojijo

Phopojijo A Loose Screw

Yeahhhhh Mech Assault, while fun, was *very* casual. 3/4s of the fun of Mechwarrior 2, 3 & 4 were all the customizations.

Not sure how much customization we'll have though, given that this is a 3rd Succession Wars game where most of the tech got destroyed... unless they like -- raid ComStar :p

15. Plumb_Drumb

Plumb_Drumb yumb

how are they going to do all those sim controls on a 360 pad!?

I don't know, MechWarrior4 Mercenaries was the only one I played, and it was pretty cool.
    Should probably keep the Assault series on the consoles though, and those still have plenty of room for added depth.
    *agrees that Lone Wolf was badass*
    ________
    StephanieHarlot cam

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  16. Wail of Suicide

Wail of Suicide Member

Robot-Jox?

17. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

18. Manticore

Manticore Official BUF Birthday Spammer

I've played just about everything this franchise ever produced. I'm looking forward to this no matter what name they give it. :tup:

19. -Jes-

-Jes- Tastefully Barking

It very much is a WHM-6R Warhammer.
    Throughout the video, you see it firing it's PPC's, machineguns and SRM6. It does not, however, fire it's medium or small lasers.

It also gets it's floodlight blown off! :lol: It is however heartwarming to see such an oldie (and macross BANNED) but goldie duking it out in UE3.

20. SleepyHe4d

SleepyHe4d fap fap fap

Or you guys can just look at the hud and see that it says the Warhammer is at 48% while the Atlas-C is at 89%. Damn he was getting owned.

You can also see those weapons show up on the hud Jes.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009