MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
I'd been missing the old Battletech universe and the MW titles I've flogged on the PC back in that day.

Reviews on Steam are very mixed but I thought it might be a nostalgia hit so I found a second hand PS4 copy.

So far, and I haven't had time to give it much attention, I'm finding the controls for the PS4 difficult in terms of piloting the machine (weapons fire isn't a problem). I'll Google around for some optimum controller setups.

I can put up with, as the reviews have said, the repetitive game play for the nostalgia hit but I will have to be pretty convinced of piloting the thing before I would spend money on the DLC unless it's heavily discounted. Same goes for the PC version on Steam. In fact I really think the game needs HOTAS at least for the PC version.

And, of course, the PS4 version uses the Unreal Engine(TM)..............

maxresdefault.jpg

MechWarrior-5-Header-4.jpeg
mech_5_battle.jpg