1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT3 Maya to UT3 Custom Animation Rigg

Discussion in 'Content Releases' started by InAction, Jul 5, 2008.

1. InAction

InAction I make things move

THESE RIGS ARE OUTDATED AND NOT MAINTAINED. USE THEM ON YOUR OWN, DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP AS I DO NOT SUPPORT THEM ANYMORE.

-------------

Last Updated : 3rd of July 2009

[​IMG]

VIDEO TUTORIAL ON HOW TO USE IT.

Animate and export your custom characters for UT3 with this fully fledged animation rig for Maya 2009. Maya 2008 and older exists but is not guaranteed to work properly. Included is a character and first person rig, example UnrealScript files and UPK files with content for you to learn from.

The rig is fully functional with all stock UT3 content. It has been used in the following mods;

Zombie Apocalypse
    CODA

Download it here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See an example animation made with the rigg, played on one of the official meshes on Youtube or Vimeo.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contact information is available in the ReadMe files.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  2. vybz

vybz New Member

wow.. I gotta learn this ****. Nice work dude!! thanks..:D

3. InAction

You're more than welcome. :)

4. InAction

Version 2 released. :)

5. InAction

An additional update. Mostly the script which is even better to use now!

6. dawn3

dawn3 New Member

Very nicely done

Inaction I was wondering 2 things:
    - Do you know how unreal holds up if Mocap is used
    hxxp://sites.google.com/a/cgspeed.com/cgspeed/motion-capture/cmu-bvh-conversion
    - is there a simple procedure to transfer your rig controls to the female skeleton.
    hxxp://www.fileplanet.com/193547/190000/fileinfo/Unreal-Tournament-3---Skeletons-FBX--Maya-compatible

I will post if i find any news
    Regards, Dawn3

7. InAction

The rig has gotten a huge update. :)

Sorry for not replying to you, I completely forgot to check back here. I think the female skeleton could be easily added to work with rig, I'll see when I get time to get it done. Regarding MoCap, all you have to do is transfer the animations. :)

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  8. InAction

The rig has been updated again. This time there's no need to use a script to export anymore. Just open ActorX and export. Please refer to the ReadMe for more detailed explanation. :)

9. InAction