1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Maya & The Unreal Tournament plug-in

Discussion in 'Modeling & Skinning' started by saka, Jan 16, 2004.

1. saka

saka New Member

I want to export meshes from maya ple 4.0 to unrealed.

I've downloaded mayaple_uneditorplugin2 and placed it in Maya 4 Personal Learning Edition\bin\plug-ins.
    Why can't I check the unEditor.mll?
    Who knows?
    tnx
    [​IMG]

2. coolhead2100

coolhead2100 The one ping to rule them all

Actually, the help is very helpful. It tells you how to fix the problem. Basically you have to tell the plug-in where your UT2003 folder is.

3. Hedge

Hedge Wish I was with her

Something that goes along with this. Where can I find an export plug-in for maya 5 ple? I found a plug-in called actorX, however, it only supports maya 5, not maya 5 ple.

4. chip

chip New Member

there doesn't seem to be an Unreal export plug-in for Maya 5 PLE as yet. i'm looking for it to come out with UT2004, but nothing's been announced that i know of.

5. saka

saka New Member

The Unreal export plug-in for Maya 5 PLE comes out with ut2k4.

I have found the answer to my question though.
    After I switched my default browser to IE instead of firebird.
    A pop up appeard when I started Mayaple 4 with an explaination.

Right click My Computer and choose Properties. Click the Advanced tab and then click Environment Variables.
    In the System Variable list, select Path and click Edit.
    At the end of the Variable Value text field, type semi-colon ( and the path of the Unreal Tournament 2003 system folder. For example, CUT2003\System.

Thats all.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2004
  6. Dr. Nick

Dr. Nick New Member

Errr kind of off topic.. but am I the only one who things the Maya interface SUCKS? It's like 80's style or something. The scary thing is the Mac version looks better. I think Max has the interface thing down.

7. chip

chip New Member

probably not, but i disagree. i find Maya much easier to work in than gmax (which i assume is very similar to the full Max). couldn't be specific about why, though, just a matter of personal preferences, i guess.

8. saka

saka New Member

I've only worked with Maya so far. I can't tell if the interface sux cause I have nothing to compare it with. I have no complaints though.

9. Hedge

Hedge Wish I was with her

I have liked using Maya. I never have, nor will I ever get to, try 3dsmax. I am sure both programs have their own thing going for them that makes people like them.

No plugin for maya 5 ple until ut2k4? Darn.

10. Fallingman

Fallingman New Member

Well, as annoying as it is to dig up old posts, I don't think it's quite necessary to start a new one. Any advice for someone who's followed these instructions and still can't get Maya to recognize the location of UT2003?

I'm guessing that the problem has something to do with the fact that I had Maya 6 ple already installed when I installed Maya 4 ple from the Unreal cd. But then again what do I know. I've tried uninstalling both versions of maya and unreal 2003 and reinstalling from scratch but that doesn't seem to change a thing.

11. BobTheBeheader

BobTheBeheader New Member

Wait - another problem

Does anyone out there know if there is a UT plug-in for Maya 6 PLE? When I try to use other versions of the plug-in, they will not install because they don't detect the version of Maya that they were designed for. This is becomming incredibly annoying!:mad: