1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Maya hates me, and wants to make my life a misery

Discussion in 'Modeling & Skinning' started by MasterOfPoppets, Feb 17, 2005.

1. MasterOfPoppets

MasterOfPoppets Pesky Little Trites

Some no apparent reason when I booted up my copy of Maya (6.0 Unlimited) this morning, it gave me a fatal error during loading. I tried restarting several time with no luck. Unphased, I thought I'd try Maya 5 PLE on the UT2004 cd and after uninstalling and cleaning the registry fully, I installed it and got an error during loading. I tried the Maya 6 PLE from the Alias website... same response.

I decided that the best thing to do was to reformat my pc, which was overdue for reformatting anyways, and tried Maya 5 PLE again. I nearly cried when exactly the same thing happened. I need Maya on my pc working as I have a project using it (and UnrealEd) that I need to demonstrate by next Thursday. Any help on what the hell is wrong would be much appreciated, and you would earn my eternal gratitude.

2. Skutarth

Skutarth New Member

It's pretty bad when it's still doing that after a format. It must have to do with your hardware. Have you made any changes to your hardware lately? It may also be the cause of drivers and other software having incompatibilities.

It's a stupid and obvious answer, but "Any help on what the hell is wrong would be much appreciated, and you would earn my eternal gratitude."

3. chip

chip New Member

does your PC comply with the rather strict Maya hardware/software requirements? have you tried the Alias site? as a licensed Unlimited owner you should have some support privileges that might help you. if you're not a licensed Unlimited owner, then it sounds like justicia poeticus.

4. MasterOfPoppets

MasterOfPoppets Pesky Little Trites

Well the only thing that changed between last night and this morning that could have survived were the new Omega graphics drivers that I installed, so I went back to the standard ATI ones, and bingo, it worked! Although I'm pretty sure that I've run Maya with Omegas before, this is the first time that I was using the newest drivers.

And the copy I have is thanks to my computer science department... :)