1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mass Effect 3 "exclusives" are starting to pop up.

Discussion in 'Games' started by JohnDoe641, Jan 1, 2012.

1. dotnetbeast

dotnetbeast Mood Muzik

:tup: for this post man.

2. SlayerDragon

SlayerDragon LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES

:lol: Yeah. Some characters are completely useless against those things anyway. I still haven't found one I like more than the Drell Adept, but Human Vanguard might be a close second. The Asari Vanguard is kind of shitty I think. I mostly see Geth Engineers and Infiltrators wrecking shit up so I guess I need those. Salarian Engineer is laughably bad.

3. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Human Vanguard is my favorite class. I can also handle Human Soldier. Most of the other classes have completely useless biotics. I can't stand Geth Engineer... but I do see tons of Geth Infiltrators running around without problems.

I think I need the Geth Shotgun. That thing tears crap up. The shotguns seem to be the only reasonable way to get rid of Banshees.

4. Selerox

Selerox COR AD COR LOQVITVR

Awesome!

"I care about you Ash.. Miranda! Dammit!" makes me lose it every time :lol:

Also, every time I speak to anyone in game, I automatically think "We'll bang, ok?" every time the convo finished :D

5. JohnDoe641

JohnDoe641 Killer Fools Pro Staff Member

Yes, the Shotgun is a beast.

6. UBerserker

UBerserker old EPIC GAMES

MANGUARDS are guds
    also Prothy the prothean is cool.

7. SlayerDragon

What.

The.

Fuck.

What a weird ending. What a complete lack of closure. Ah, well. The journey was well worth the investment.

In multiplayer I unlocked Drell Assassin as my first non-default character and I played that exclusively for a while because the default guys didn't really appeal to me. Reave is a fantastic skill, and those cluster grenades are devastating, and Pull is a great tool. I just kept him loaded up with just the default SMG and spammed powers forever, it was great.

I set him to rest to try out other classes, but nothing else has appealed to me quite as much. The Human Vanguard seems pretty good, but I need a better shotgun than the Katana. I can't get the hang of Infiltrator, but I have had moderate success with Batarian Sentinel just meleeing the shit out of everything and using the Striker "assault rifle" grenade launcher thingy.

The one thing I don't understand is why the hell you have to name each character. It never shows up or matters at all, so who gives a shit?

8. Vaskadar

Vaskadar It's time I look back from outer space

Max out drell health + movement speed and slap on adrenaline module 3 for equipment. You will go stupidly fast.

9. JohnDoe641

JohnDoe641 Killer Fools Pro Staff Member

I told you. :p

10. SlayerDragon

Indeed you did. D:

11. Sjosz

Sjosz (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Salarian Infiltrator is king. For a really solid infiltrator build you're going to want to spec Tactical Cloak to work with Sniper Rifles and damage to go for maximum burst damage when cloaked, and if you unlock either a Widow, Black Widow, Javelin or level up the Mantis a bit (and have a piercing weapon mod), you're set. Ignore Proximity Mines, and max all the other skills. Cloak takes long enough to deactivate that you can get either a power and a shot, or a couple of shots off in a multiple bullet heatsink weapon with the cloak's damage bonuses active. Energy drain for barrier/shield and sniper rifle for armor penetration plus cloak to help revive others or to escape makes Salarian Infiltrator super awesome.

12. SlayerDragon

Rad. I like the Mantis but I also hate it. It takes entirely too long to reload. The Viper has more shots and a faster reload time, it makes no sense.

13. Selerox

Selerox COR AD COR LOQVITVR

Why? Just.... why?

One of the primary "You fucked up the ending, you idiots" threads on the BioWare forums has now hit 3,821 pages.

Are they going to have any reputation left by the end of all of this? Probably not at this rate.

As for me, I've given up trying to count the plot holes in the last 15 minutes. Not to mention the bugs, of which there are more than both other ME games combined by an order or magnitude.

14. Sir_Brizz

What, you didn't like it when the camera shifted to one of your teammates and they were mysteriously invisible? ;)

15. ambershee

ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks

I had that in one level, it was more impressive because the character whose dialog spoke had been dead for some time and had been entirely absent from the game.

It crashed on the next checkpoint, but reloading it fromt he save it worked fine xD

16. UBerserker

Wasn't a bug like that present in ME2 too?
    The Batarian codes and Hanar sub-missions are buggy and if you leave the Citadel before completing them, you won't be able to use the Terminals. Gibbed save editor can fix both though.

The endings shitsuck because all three of them are bad and give out bad outcomes

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  17. SlayerDragon

BSN is a vocal minority of their player base. It will blow over. They're probably going to break records with that Extended Cut DLC as well.

18. Sir_Brizz

My favorite bug in ME2 was gently bumping into a blocking volume and then moonwalking into outer space.

19. UBerserker

You can easily glitch out of the Citadel and Normandy in this game too - sometimes leading you to your death by falling in the HOM void. Still less common than getting stuck by a Salarian walking back and forth between tables.

20. ambershee

ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks

Nah, accidentally stepping onto a 1/2 inch tall rock and then not being able to step off was the real highlight.