1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mass Effect 2

Discussion in 'Games' started by Kantham, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Or nasty pirates who get it anyway! Arr! Arr! ;)

2. daloonie

daloonie sex boobs nude

Awesome, more content! MOAR!

3. Deathmaker

Deathmaker Balanced

My game crashed earlier & took all my achievements with it! :mad:

I can restore my Player1.prf to Saturday but I've put in a fair few hours since then. :'(

4. neilthecellist

neilthecellist Renegade.

So I'm taking the Renegade approach on my current playthrough. I feel guilty though a lot of the time, along with shame...

NOT giving Tali a hug and then screwing her over in front of the Board is just... mean. And letting Veetor get interrogated by Cerberus.... And then seeing him again on the nar'Rayyah exhibiting really bad signs of post-traumatic stress disorder. It's SOO WRONG

I don't think I can keep playing the full Renegade path. It's just too evil for me.

EDIT:

However, I must admit that when Warden Kuril betrays you, the "Go to HELL. I'll send you there MYSELF" renegade line is pretty badass and preferable over all the other conversation wheel choices.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  5. Jacks:Revenge

Jacks:Revenge ╠╣E╚╚O

would it be wrong to discuss the sharing of DLC?

[totally hypothetical]
    I obtained some pieces of DLC legit, like when I bought my game. the rest I copied from friends who obtained theirs legit. now I have a convenient package containing all the DLC that's been released so far, unlocked and ready to install.
    [/totally hypothetical]

can I share this package with others?
    or is that like, illegal?

6. dragonfliet

dragonfliet I write stuffs

Jacks, that's not really sharing, though, is it? The thing about lending your game out is that there is a single copy of the game, so that by lending the game, you know longer have it (you're temporarily giving up possession). You've simply duplicated it for the purpose of both of you having it so you don't have to spend money.

Of course, it's silly to say that it's only legal if it imparts suffering, but it does actually sort of come down to that. As for copying it and distributing it, yeah, that's illegal.

~Jason

7. Jacks:Revenge

hey, sharing is caring.

[totally hypothetical]
    I only share DLC when it's original distribution method has made it difficult for everyone to obtain fairly.
    [/totally hypothetical]

you know, like some pieces are only available through pre-orders while others can only be found by paying extra for that special edition box set, or whatever.
    I don't like that.
    whaddya' want me to do? buy 2-3 copies of the same game?

either make it ALL available at all times, where you pay-per-piece, or don't make any DLC available to begin with. why bother to create and include content in your game if not everyone will have an equal chance of using it?

same could have been said for Dragon Age.
    there was a lot of sharing with DA's DLC because no one person could have reasonably gotten all of it.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  8. Sjosz

Sjosz (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

As far as I know this forum is on the internet, making it open to discuss close to everything, including DLC. I just won't partake in the discussion.

9. Jacks:Revenge

well I don't know if it falls under the category of warez discussion, which I'm aware is sort of off limits on this forum. or it used to be...
    also, I honestly wouldn't want to offend someone who has worked on the game. I know you're a level designer, not like an executive producer, but all the same.

anywho, this pack of DLC that's going around, I wouldn't link anyone to it from here.
    but I might help someone find it, if they were interested.

10. Sjosz

Sjosz (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ah, I misunderstood. There is a clear difference between discussing what you deem fair and unfair in terms of how DLC is done for a game and offering to obtain illegal copies of DLC.
    Also, I'm not offended by you wanting to discuss it. I don't have anything to do with the DLC beyond making some of it, which is also why I feel it's not my place to discuss it.

11. ambershee

ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks

Currently replaying through on Insanity, trying to take a 'perfect' path the game (100% exploration, 100% survival in the final mission, maximum Renegade and Paragon points, all upgrades).

Some enemies are just retarded on this difficulty. Take for example Harbinger. The ****er takes quite a few hits to go down, and your team mates are about as useful as two decrepit mosquitoes, displaying a tendancy to hurl themselves directly into his fireballs.

And of course, if you kill him before killing the other drones, one of them will become him anyway when you *do* kill him. Just kill the drones first right? Not right, because on this difficulty he'll just walk right up to you and kill you point blank.

Man rage.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  12. neilthecellist

neilthecellist Renegade.

Zaeed and Garrus. Put them into sniper mode and send them to cover points at long range. Harbinger has a Barrier so just use their Concussive Shots to knock it down, and when it's just his armor left use Zaeed's Inferno Grenade. Put some sniper shots down and he's dead. I rarely shoot Harbinger even on Insanity, usually I focus on smaller prey while I let my teammates take him down.

What class are you?

13. ambershee

Don't have Zaeed, don't have DLC. I'm finding that team mates are not taking cover when he throws attacks, so I never get to use their powers, because they're just dying and not worth reviving.

I'm a Soldier, but the only power that I can hit his barrier with is Reave.

Hitting him at range is a non-option, because there isn't always anywhere to hit him at range from - and it takes six or seven hits from powers to take down just the barrier, let alone the armour. I'm having to pummel him with the assault rifle whilst running around in circles out of lines of sight from other enemies at the moment - when it's possible. It takes about six clips to take him down.

14. neilthecellist

neilthecellist Renegade.

Wait, how do you not have the DLC? Do you not have a legal copy of the game? The DLC is free dude. You're posting on BeyondUnreal right now which clearly means you have internet access, unless you're telling me it's conveniently NOT on the same computer as your gaming station... Which was the excuse people gave years ago before bandwidth got cheaper.

I'm a Soldier too (on my current Insanity playthrough), and yes, hitting him at range certainly is an option. I've done it through several playthroughs and you can watch countless Youtube videos where people use long-range tactics to take Harbinger (or most enemies, really) down.

Soldier (you) = Concussive Shot, follow with three or four sniper shots with Viper sniper rifle, take cover when Harbinger fires his gravity balls or whatever. Switch to Incendiary Ammo.

In the meantime, access the Power Wheel (or Power Screen on PC) and have Zaeed/Garrus do Concussive Shots. This will give you a 2 second window for Harbinger to be stunned. Come out, and give another 2-3 sniper shots at Harbinger (your buddies should've fired 2 shots already each so a total of four shots, Harbinger should have 50-75% armor left by now).

Activate Adrenaline Mode and just headshot the crap out of Harbinger. Done.

Oh, and try aiming for the head. By the time you are done with Horizon you should already have the 50% sniper headshot upgrade from Mordin's Lab. Things become a joke when it comes to sniper-warfare.

If you wanna assault rifle it....
    With any assault rifle (I hope you're using at least the Geth Pulse Rifle) be sure to fire in short controlled bursts. I find the best assault rifle to hit him with (besides the machine gun that you get as a bonus on that Reaper ship) is the Collector Assault Rifle, but be sure to fire in short, controlled bursts. Auto-matic fire causes less damage for some reason.

Team mates will take cover if you send them to the right cover. Don't assume that the game just knows, because if you're moving around then so will your teammates, which will get them killed when they're moving cover-to-cover. This game is about YOU making all the decisions (lo and behold, it's implied in the title). Also, don't send both your teammates to one spot, because sometimes one of them will be left out in the open to die.

Also, don't use Medi-Gel once BOTH teammates are down, use Medi-Gel when you see either one of your teammates go down, or both teammates are in the red-zone. In this way, you'll only use one Medi-Gel instead of two, and you should have health and shields fully recovered with the Trauma/Shield Modules from Mordin's Lab.

Correct me if I'm wrong. The last time I played Mass Effect 2 was.. a while ago. But when I saw your post I decided to bring up ME2 for a few minutes to check to see if Harbinger is still easy to take down on Insanity. It is.

15. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

He might have got it used or rented it.

16. Iron Archer

Iron Archer Holy ****ing King of Trolls

I might pick this up tomorrow at Kmart. They've got it on sale for $20

17. ambershee

If I had a pirated copy, I'd obviously have the DLC.

There are one or two encounters where you have your back up against a wall and Harbinger will take control of a drone that is right in front of you. I'd take a screenshot to demonstrate one such location, but I've through that mission now and can't go back again.

Don't have it.

Don't have it - you get that after Horizon on your first play through.

Don't have it.

You may or may not, because in order to get it you need to have bought upgrades from Omega and the Citadel and found one on Korlus before you can research it. I do have it, but as I don't have the Viper, I'm limited to using the default sniper rifle, which whilst effective has a very low rate of fire and only 9 shots.

Don't have it. You get that after Horizon in Tali's recruitment mission, and only in Hardcore/Insanity difficulty. You don't need to fire in bursts with the Geth Pulse Rifle anyway, it's perfectly accurate (and automatic fire does not do less damage).

The issue isn't them leaving cover or following me - it's more that even if you plonk them somewhere, they still have a habit of wandering off, or in just as common a case, taking cover, then when they start firing, they don't get back into cover, and just get pummeled. It's not always an issue, but in certain cases they just stand there until they die.

Aware of this. Still can't be bothered to revive them when they're completely useless in that particular scenario.

It's probably easy when you have all the toys from a previous run through, but I started this one from scratch from my ME1 character, which gives you only just enough credits to be able to complete the 'perfect' playthrough (and still nets you the bonus power).

Like I said, I don't have the Viper, because it's not obtainable yet, nor the Geth Pulse rifle, so I'm limited to using the starting weapons. I don't have incendiary ammo yet, because I've only had a handful of power points to spend - I only have a fully upgraded Reave (which can be used against Barriers, Armour and Health).

18. dotnetbeast

dotnetbeast Mood Muzik

So finally got and finished the game. Really good. Seriously wanted to see Jack naked.

Theres something about chicks and tatoos. Especially Tramp Stamps.

19. Al

Al Reaper

:lol:

20. Jackal

Jackal Crapass

:awkward: