1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mario Powerups Terrorize Town

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by hal, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Noobnugget

Noobnugget New Member

rofl. leave it to this retarded state i live in to call "?" boxes from mario "threatening". god, this state get dumber everyday.

2. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Earning my Infrequent Flier miles

Good job, Ohio. Good f*cking job.

THIS is why Americans are stereotyped as stupid. I have some bad news: sh*t states like Ohio are why.

3. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

Wow... you guys are pretty harsh on Ohio. There are plenty of stupid things happening everywhere without giving one state, province, or country all of the credit. :D

4. Major-Lee-High

Major-Lee-High Im a ranter, ignore me!

ahaha

Im gonna go make those and put them in my yard too.

5. Fuzzle

Fuzzle spam noob

State officials, apparently.

I dislike the fact that it's referred to as "attempting to play a videogame". How ****ing deragatory is that? I'm freaking positive some mom is sitting at home reading that article and thinking "see? Videogames are a bad influence to kids! They can't distinguish between fantasy and reality!"

Mildly infuriating, if you ask me.

6. Nemephosis

None THIS stupid!

7. Gnome

Gnome The Gnome that knows

But it's true! Have you ever been there? The only cool thing Ohio has is the Air Force museum in Dayton! Besides, why not blame Ohio? They've already proven their stupidity time and time again, and they've shown us now that they're not getting any smarter, so let's just kick all the Buckeyes in the nads! Besides, what do we have to lose? A couple crappy theme parks?

8. BarneyGumball

BarneyGumball Just Another User

lol...

I'm sure so many people in our town would have gotten a laugh out of that...

i know i would have =]

9. KeithZG

KeithZG will forever be nostalgic

On the plus side, because of them doing this and getting the reaction they did, I now know about this. And have already printed off a few little paper boxes of my own. Heehee! I feel like a little kid (which is what I was back when I first played Mario, after all). So at least the girls managed to succeed in spreading some cheer.

I really, really hope this goes before some judge and he says "hah, you're kidding right?" But I'm more willing to bet that this goes the other way . . . our society (and I'm including Canada in that) is becoming increasingly uptight about anything out of the norm.

10. Nemephosis

You know how sometimes, the future is depicted as being sterile and unchanging with one overseer who controls everything that goes on and the slightest deviation results in punishment?

Hi Ohio.

11. Shadowfury333

Shadowfury333 Demon Hunter Elite

I'm not surprised that this got out of hand, due to ignorance. For one thing, they sent the bomb squad. If anyone there knew what was going on, they'd've sent a plumber to jump up and hit the bottoms of the boxes, he could've made a little money from them too. Some people can be so ignorant of these things;)

BTW, in case anyone wondered, this is the only evidence of mario being at all threatening.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2006
  12. Crooked Capn

Crooked Capn Guest

Oh man...

What has the world come to?

13. Nemephosis

I don't think that's the only evidence. For example, here is a picture of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door I took of Mario CLEARLY EMULATING HITLER. THIS SHOWS THAT HE IS HURRR TEH EVAL PLUMAR HURRR. HURRRRRRRR.

Attached Files:

14. Peregrine

Peregrine Death from above

Back the f off biyatches!!

Ohio is a great state.
    We have world class health care industries, some of the leading art museums in the country, a world class orchestra respected around the world, high ranking well known colleges (Case Western, OSU, Oberlin), Lebron James + the Cavs and several other sports insitutions, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the Football HOF, Wright Patterson AFB. Cleveland has a Federal Reserve Bank. Akron is the rubber capital of the world.. not the country, the world. Like Hot dogs? Thank an Ohioan. They were 'invented' here. 7 presidents were born here. Ohio was the first state to enact laws protecting women in the workplace. The Wright brothers' were from Dayton. Cleveland has a Zoo that is consistenly ranked one of the best in the country.
    Intel is investing 100's of 1,000's of dollars to help Cleveland lead the way in wireless city wide access.
    Cleveland has one of the largest citywide park systems in the country. I can go from downtown to a beautifull miles long park in less then 10 minutes.
    http://www.clemetparks.com/

Do not judge Ohio by that small podunk town of Ravenna.

For those of you that doubt the veracity of this article, let me assure it is 100% true.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2006
  15. Bang_Doll

Bang_Doll Freebasing Anime Chicks Since '96

Is that mario power up site down?

16. Wulff

Wulff Bola Gun fun anyone?

Down for me too, so yes, it is down.