1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mapvoting causes server crash!

Discussion in 'BDB' started by Shadowhaxor, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Shadowhaxor

Shadowhaxor FraGGing your A$$ east to west.

I just started using the mapvote mutator to run my invasion server. Howeve, when I choose a map or when a map is choosen, its simply crashes the server, and then when it restarts you have to goto the web admin and choose the mutators. I run the invasion game with the excessive weapon mod.

Every time! Also, I have to manually start the mapvote mod, even though I have it set in my command line and server.ini. Is there a way to accomplish this?

[MapVote400b11.MapVote]
    VoteTimeLimit=35
    ScoreBoardDelay=10
    bAutoOpen=True
    MidGameVotePercent=50
    MinMapCount=10
    RepeatLimit=4
    bScoreMode=False
    bAccumulationMode=False
    bEliminationMode=False
    DefaultGameConfig=0
    bDefaultToCurrentGameType=True
    bKickVote=False
    KickPercent=51
    bRestartWithLastMap=False
    bAnonymousKicking=False
    MapVoteHistoryType=MapVote400b11.MapVoteHistory1
    MapListLoaderType=MapVote400b11.DefaultMapListLoader
    GameConfig=(GameClass="Skaarjpack.Invasion",Prefix="DM,CTF,BR",Acronym="INV",GameName="UBG'S Excessive Invasion",Mutators="MapVote400b11.MapVote,XGame.MutQuadJump"ExcessiveV2.Excessive")

[MapVote400b11.DefaultMapListLoader]
    bUseMapList=False
    MapNamePrefixes=DM,CTF,DOM,BR,INV
    MapListTypeList=SkaarjPack.MaplistSkaarjInvasion

Thanks.

2. BDB

BDB New Member

Take a look at the server's log file to see why it is crashing.

Also, If you have mapvote loaded correctly in the command line you shouldn't have
    to start it manually. Post your start up script with the command line so we can check
    it.

3. Shadowhaxor

@echo off
    :10
    c:\ut2003dedicatedsrvr\system\ucc.exe server DM-Banished][?Game=SkaarjPack.Invasion?GameSpeed=1?WeaponStay=True?Translocator=True?FriendlyFireScale=0?GoalScore=0?TimeLimit=0?MaxLives=1?AllowThrowing=True?ForceRespawn=False?Mutator=XGame.MutQuadJump,XGame.MutRegen?GameStats=True?BalanceTeams=False?MinPlayers=1?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?AdminName=user?AdminPassword=pass?GamePassword=?Mutator=ExcessiveV2.Excessive?Mutator=MapVote400b11.MapVote?PlayersMustBeReady=False?AllowBehindview=True?difficulty=2 INI=invpub.ini port=7977 -log=invpub.log
    copy c:\ut2003dedicatedsrvr\system\invpub.log c:\ut2003dedicatedsrvr\system\invpubcrash.log
    goto 10

Last edited: Jan 20, 2004
  4. Shadowhaxor

Nevermind, I should have seen my error.

Instead of this:

Mutator=XGame.MutQuadJump,XGame.MutRegen,ExcessiveV2.Excessive,MapVote400b11.MapVote

&

I had this:
    Mutator=XGame.MutQuadJump,XGame.MutRegen?Mutator=ExcessiveV2.Excessive?Mutator=MapVote400b11.MapVote

Doh! :lol:

5. BDB

BDB New Member

So, did fixing that solve the server crash problem also ?

6. Shadowhaxor

Yes, it did. Don't know why.