1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MapVoteX

Discussion in 'Dev Team' started by ProAsm, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Wises

Wises New Member

hehe just wondering .. how about the info tab be the default splash page when mvx opens.. so players see server logo and details etc.. thrn they need to click either [vote Map] button to switch to the actual mapvote tab :)

what do you think?.. i reckon it would be a winner as mosy players never look at other tabs.. like in mvla13 how many times you goto the about tab.. or any of the other non std tabs in there lol.

opening the mapvote at the info tab would be pretty cool i think.

if it was optional true by default.. then if it don't work out for some admins they can swtich..

bInfoTabDefault=Trur

:)

2. sparK^

sparK^ New Member

yeah, all files redirected!! i rent my servers in NFO, there the servers dont have lag, and its a ez control panel, and they gift u a webhost FREE, there i can upload my files to redirect :p

http://instagib.site.nfoservers.com/Redirect/

3. sparK^

sparK^ New Member

Good idea for making that option to set to True or False the 'bInfoTabDefault'

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  4. Wises

Wises New Member

Just had a few games on your server Sparks.. nice

that weird bunny tracks thing in liandri .. with the RED Crosses is ODD..
    they need to change colour to denote that they have been collected lol

and the Shock Dom , only has primary fire (no combo's) ?.. weird.

anyways working well :)

5. Wises

Wises New Member

here is my idea visually ..

[​IMG]

Something like that.

perhaps leave / move / rename info tab to CMDS or Other

and have a custom Splash Page :) which opens everytime :D

6. sparK^

sparK^ New Member

Looks Nice.

The ShockDomination its only the primary, its more hard, and more good :p in ipug make pugs of sDOM.

7. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

LOL you guys and you 10000 wants for a mod :D

Like I said before you don't buy a car to go on a sea cruise, for that you buy a boat :)

Whatever I build into a mod, it must be related to that mod.
    Basically any Admin option must be 'Voting' related else the code just becomes too complicated.

What you guys want is like I also said before, a new mod, UTCandy.u where admins and players can do 10000 things.

All you need is someone to start it and if it has potential then maybe some good coder may take it over or chip in with some help :)

Maybe this is your chance to get that coding off the ground.
    To start you can do everything with mutate commands, then later put a menu in to replace that.
    That's how we all started.
    I know you want to start off running, but it won't happen, you have to learn to crawl before you can walk, never mind running ;)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  8. Wises

Wises New Member

Ngaw.. I was just throwing things out there.

mind fart , after mind fart , man I need a real job lol.. :p

See what you like and don't like .. or want to implement .. into your system.
    my only hope is for you to realize the full potential of what you have started.

anyway .. I would love to build on top of your system and study your code to help 'Walk' so to speak.. Iam sure quite a few of us are interested.

so in saying that .. if you would allow me some sources for this system.. then Iam sure that I could make a spin off in another direction :D

already the Japanese and co .. are probably decompiling it so youre only really hiding the code from us nub's :\

who find it hard enough to read code un-obfuscated / stripped..

these other guru's do it while watching youtube and eating Milk and Cookies. ^_^

so yer.. not sure why you removed the sources tbh.. unless to block people like myself who just want to learn to code and basically start off with something under guidance and instruction from someone like yourself.

.. when I say that Iam a Nub , Iam not a total nub.. just looking for somewhere I feel is appropriate to start and go from. That's how we all learn to code.. is looking at other's code and going from there.. by looking at your code and knowing how this system works I reckon I could probably inject my idea's into this and go from there.

cheers.

9. sparK^

sparK^ New Member

:(

if only add the Admin options? Or the server affiliates? :C, well i think i have a lot ideas because i dont know nothing about coding lol

10. Wises

Wises New Member

actually how do you feel about that .. setup a sep forum in here for the sources.. and I/we'll make some changes additions and post them into that forum so that you can gaze over and offer some guidence here and there.

because ;

Code:
    All you need is someone to start it and if it has potential then maybe some good coder may take it over or chip in with some help :D
    is you atm.. :) if youre kean that is..

must go see what Gust/QP have done to this and the scoreboard actually .. those guys a ninja coders.

11. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

Problem is I'm not playing much these days, in fact hardly at all.
    Spending far too much time coding and that was not what I intended.
    There were/are 3 mods that I wanted to do from the start, SmartDM, thats done, MapVoteX, basically complete, and built in PlayerStat like ATBHighScores which I have already started on and completed the 'scroll in' which in my case comes in on the right side of the screen allowing other mods to continue using the left.
    This will probably end up part of SmartDM, I will see.

Regarding the removal of my code in MVX, some of the code belongs to BDB of which I have had permission to use and he removed his code as well so I have to honour that.
    Also I don't want 100 different versions of MVX out there.
    Like exactly what is happening here atm:
    http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31271

12. Wises

Wises New Member

how will your stats system work.. I mean in terms of what kind of stats will it display?

13. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

I'm not quite sure yet although I have a few idea's.
    It will probably display the top 20 players based on some formula and probably the top 10 Bot killers or something like that.
    What ever it is, it will be simple and down to the point.
    Again there is no point in copying what others do then you not achieving anything.
    Also there is no urgency here and will only work on it when I'm feeling bored :)

14. Wises

Wises New Member

i disagree with your statement about not achieving anything by copying others stuff. .. :p - or sources in this instance.

like you yourself have already stated that you 'copied/used' BDB's code for Mapvote.. nogginbashers code for utcmds .. epics code for everything else.. sorry mate.. but that is a load of bullocks :p .. or else you'd achieve nothing.

also if you are talking about stats... well yeah however you will.. also.. the sources for smartdm.. how come you have stripped them also?..

apparently that was an open-source project.. according to this GIT..
    Has it all of a sudden become closed?.. ©Epic Games ?.. or whats the story there?

what I am getting at is... you 2 say things like 'learn to code' & 'laugh / mock / cbf'd ' including "our idea's" into your projects... but ,
    Close off the sources.... because why?..

I mean .. is there really a big problem with people building upon what you-yourself have built-upon to make something better?.. i mean u may think that its good.. as is.. but others may want to build on top of it. and so on. to maybe make it great... even better then great.

don't get me wrong . it is 'good' as it is. ... same with mapvote 'very good' . . but there is so much more that could be done to both.. to make them Great!.. only with a few simple additions even..

because iam not a believer of this old school... it can't be done attitude.. but tend to believe more-so that stubborn ppl just make it a lot harder to be done.. by being closed in a sense.

you guys are lucky .. that epic games even allowed anyone to mod things.. and the same thing you would shun them for.. you do.

tsktsk... also.. you do know that the final copyright on any/all mods is ultimately ©Epic Games.. ;)

i'm not trying to be cunty here.. but am feeling kinda restricted.. and believe me i would love to know how to code as well as you's ...

IAM but a Dwarf standing on the shoulders of giants (Latin: nanos gigantum humeris insidentes)
    ^Contemporary interpretation meaning .. "one who discovers by building on previous discoveries".

That is I.. Quoted Isaac Newton

btw: sorry for my ramblings .. I understand your goals.. I just see sooo much more in everything then average Joe-d-gaf ..

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  15. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

I only used a few routines from BDB, in fact his TallyVote and 1 or 2 other routines, as re-inventing the wheel is pointless.
    In fact I just got a nice email from Bruce today.

The !Cmds was 100% at your request and even that code I changed quite a bit.

Personally I have achieved a lot as whatever I do is different to the original or is my own idea.

Regarding the removal of the source, you always seem to talk before you think, ONLY beta's I remove the source as that is the most logic thing to do.
    You don't want some guy using what might be faulty code so the best way to protect it is to remove it.
    SmartDM104 release version has all the source intact and so will 105 once it is released.
    As for smaller mods that I often remove the source from, as you will always get some guy who will make a huge noise on a forum about how you stole his code blah blah blah, which was not his code to start with, so to stop any moans groans or accusations, its a lot easier to just remove the source.

MapVoteX, I will probably remove the source even though I've had the full go ahead from BDB.
    It's a personal choice, maybe I don't want others to build on it.
    There are lots of other sources out there, LA13, MV3, 3dfxwhatever, provote, build on them as you've many times told me how superior they are, so use them :)

Anyway's you are not even a coder so why complain so much :)

16. Wises

Wises New Member

ok.. had time to think.
    firstly.. appreciate what you have done , also absolutely. it is your choice to rip the source.. and produce mods to your specs.

please forgive me.. i think i had my period.. :)

actually lack of sleep.. always makes one a bit snotty..

these 5am bed 8ams ups does tend to dent the ole.. body overall.

hmm.. again iam sorry.

have been doing some modifications to maps today and messing with the vote.. which seems to be working 100%.

had a small problem which stemmed another idea yay.. which was to do with maps and things..

basically i loaded several maps into a separate folder.. then added the paths=maps/newmaps/*.unr

my thoughts were in relations to a mapvote system.. that , instead of manually adding maps to the custom lists.. have the system call maps from folders instead.

now iam not asking/hinting or anything for you to do so.. for your system as such.. but was just throwing it out there for ... debate / thought.

hope you are well and again.. sorry.

:/

17. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

LOL, if one could look at separate folders from UT code, I would have done that a long time ago.
    I agree to have separate folders per game would be nice but unfortunately it is not feasible.

Maybe I can set a path or delete a path, but the game would need to be restarted for UT to use that path and the code cannot verify if the path is genuine.
    So it would be up to the admin to create 30 folders, and add the folder names in the ini file.
    I'll fiddle with that and see what is possible :)

18. Wises

Wises New Member

ohh cool.

lol was only after some post I seen at UA which made me think about it actually ..

the .utxscore one..

but hey seems easier then having to enter manually 3000 maps into the custom lists I guess..

anyways .. I best be going to bed now .. as my body clock is up the wahoo..

take care :)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  19. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

Ok regarding the extra Map Folders instead of a complicated MapList.

This is what I have achieved in 101f which you can check out.

In your server.ini file you must ONLY have one Maps folder, the default one:
    Paths=../Maps/*.unr

MapVoteX will remove any other path that points to a folder with *.unr in it.
    The default Maps folder must only have the original UT default maps in it, or better still no maps at all, except the DefaultMap from each CustomGameConfig, the Entry.unr, UT_Logo_Map.unr and the DM_Tutorial.unr

Now you can create other map folders, call them whatever you like.
    I made mine all sub folders of the Maps folder.
    The folder names now get added to the CustomGameConfigs where it now says MapFolder="",

So you can have 30 map folders, 1 for each game, or several games can use the same folder and each folder can have 220 maps.

So if you have for instance:
    Code:
    CustomGameConfigs[3]=(bEnabled=True,MapFolder="Maps/Sniper",DefaultMap="DM-Academy.unr",GameClass="Botpack.TeamGamePlus",GameName="Team Sniper Arena",bGameName=True,Mutators="ZPBasicWeaponsAddOnV210.SniperArena",Settings="InitialBots=11,MinPlayers=12,MaxPlayers=16,FragLimit=80,TimeLimit=20")

When that game is voted and switches to it, MVX will write the following in the Server.ini file:
    Paths=../Maps/Sniper/*.unr
    In this case the DM-Academy.unr must also go in the default Maps folder else the server will crash.

It may sound a little complicated but once setup it seems to work very well.

http://www.proasm.com/files/ut/beta/mvx101f.zip

Oh btw, it now also has a DefaultMutators= which also works well.

Also I have removed the bUseMapList as that is now pointless :)

Oh you also have several admin options in the info tab.
    The RepeatLimits now also work and their database is kept in the ini file under:
    [MapVoteX101f.MapVoteRepeatLimits]

*** Edit ***

Ok I discovered something important here.

For the server to properly start off with the MVGameName and map path, the GameClass in the server startup commandline must be something that is not in your 30 Gametypes.

In my case I had done the following and it works like a dream until I can find a better way.

Code:
    ucc server DM-Deck16][?Game=UnrealShare.DeathMatchGame?Mutator=MapVoteX101f.MapVoteX  log=Server.log

20. Wises

Wises New Member

:eek2:.

Don't know what to say but.. um.. WOW!
    Before it had the capacity to load 3000 map's and now 6600!!!
    Nothing out there even comes close to this ..

and with the ability to drag / drop map's into folder's is way less labour intensive then.. typing 6600 name's into an .ini. Also must free up resources as well.

soo.. I have done some tests and found a few Glitches.. none so far that actually affect the game's.. I will outline below;

firstly .. when I first started the server and joined .. this happened.. which was bemusing..

[​IMG]

appears to be the Unreal1 HUD lol.. and ironically enough it's only happened that one time.. awesome/weird all at once..

assuming that it's related to the UnrealShare.DeathMatchPlus thing.. but Not too sure.

anyways after voting it seemed to not happen again.. even after consequential restarts (server restarts).

next would be a small problem with the Map's in the Default System/Map's folder showing up in any/all GameTypes using the same Prefixes.. see below;

[​IMG]

debugging the log i can see this happening;

Code:
    ScriptLog: **** Final Paths = ("../System/*.u","[B][COLOR="Red"]../Maps/*.unr[/COLOR][/B]","../Textures/*.utx","../Sounds/*.uax","../Music/*.umx","..[B][COLOR="Red"]/Maps/U1/*.unr[/COLOR][/B]")
    ScriptLog: MapVote: Wrong Game (DeathMatch) - Restarting: DeathMatch+(Unreal1 Maps)
    ScriptLog: ProcessServerTravel: DM-Deck16.unr?Game=Botpack.DeathMatchPlus
    therefore presumably it is loading in the Map's from the Default Maps Folder as well as the /OtherMaps Folder.

Code:
    MapVoteX: Loading maps for: DeathMatch+(Unreal1 Maps)
    ScriptLog: #### Loading Map[1]: DM-300K-DantesArena
    ScriptLog: #### Loading Map[2]: DM-AbandonedCity][
    ScriptLog: #### Loading Map[3]: DM-Abominos
    ScriptLog: #### Loading Map[4]: DM-Agony
    ScriptLog: #### Loading Map[5]: DM-Chamvolence
    ScriptLog: #### Loading Map[6]: DM-Curse][
    ScriptLog: #### Loading Map[7]: DM-Deck16
    ScriptLog: #### Loading Map[8]: DM-Deck16][+
    ScriptLog: #### Loading Map[9]: DM-Deck16][
    ScriptLog: #### Loading Map[10]: DM-Liandri
    ScriptLog: #### Loading Map[11]: DM-Morpheus
    ScriptLog: #### Loading Map[12]: DM-StalwartXL
    ScriptLog: #### Loading Map[13]: DM-Ariza
    ScriptLog: #### Loading Map[14]: DM-Curse
    ScriptLog: #### Loading Map[15]: DM-DeathFan
    ScriptLog: #### Loading Map[16]: DM-Elsinore
    ScriptLog: #### Loading Map[17]: DM-Fith
    ScriptLog: #### Loading Map[18]: DM-HealPod
    ScriptLog: #### Loading Map[19]: DM-Morbias
    ScriptLog: #### Loading Map[20]: DM-Radikus
    ScriptLog: #### Loading Map[21]: DM-Tundra
    ScriptLog: MapVoteX: Maps Reloaded. Total Maps = 21
    I think we need the Paths=Maps/*.unr folder for the default unreal map's tutorial.unr (etc) as you outlined above .. and nothing else.

however we (admins) perhaps would/could need to append to this value in the MapvoteX.ini the path as well ?

Code:
    DefaultMap="[COLOR="Red"][B]Maps/DM/[/B][/COLOR]DM-Deck16][+.unr"
    is that possible?....

also I'am wondering.. is there some way to implement a MapVote Tracker somewhere which log's perhaps in the menu for admin's only lol.. the most popular map's voted and gametypes.. similar to MVLA13 but different I guess.

being able to see what the most used gametypes/maps would be beneficial , so that after a month of activity we can see what's pop and what's not.. also we can choose to advertise / market gametypes.. or ditch them altogether and add new one's :D

idk ... your thoughts here?

Aside from that this thing is looking / working fantastic ! and now I can download some Sniper Map's and not have to type 220 mapnames into the custom config spaces lol.

aside from these minor things .. she's Frigging awesome.

also.. The new CMD's in the Info Tab are impressive as well.. Good Job ;

[​IMG]

btw here's my small modification to Deck16][.. I made.. whilst testing something else yesterday.. Deck16][+.unr

basically always wanted to see how a sniper rail would work up in deck. (notice it in the SS above?) lawls. Mickeymouse attempt but work's
    try and find the way up there without cheating.. ;)

EDIT ~ if adding the Path to the DefaultMap="Maps/DM/Deck16][+.unr" is not an option .. then perhaps filtering out any/all Map's from the Default Map's Dir be an easier/better option?..

idk..