1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MapVoteX

Discussion in 'Dev Team' started by ProAsm, Aug 16, 2013.

1. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

Good point, will duplicate it in mvx

Regarding the wrong MapPrefix, mmmm that is a biggy as UT does not know what prefix is legal or not.
    You might have a custom type game there that does use a TDM or XYZ, how must the code know which is correct.
    Also the 'Warning: Failed to load' is way internal in UT and our code has no way of knowing something failed, wish we did.
    The best thing I can do is dump the prefix altogether as I don't use it provided you put the correct prefix on the DefaultMap.

I full understand what you sy about the CTF scoreboard in SmartDM but you must remember, we are in no way competing with SmartCTF.
    I recommend Admin use both mods and set SmartDM's bShowCTFScoreboard=False
    I only added the CTF scoreboard because most DeathMatch servers that run SmartDM don't have SmartCTF and when we switch to a CTF game, hell the scoreboard looks empty and boring.
    So at least now the plays have what they used to in DM and TDM.
    The SmartDM CTF SB is for DM /TDM players who are quite happy with it.
    If you server is a hardened CTF Server, then it must use SmartCTF :)
    Assault and other 'minor' games SmartDM will not be catering for at this stage.

Regarding an Admin only tab, yes I've thought of that in it is quite possible that will happen but in a future version.
    Admin sections can get huge and very complicated and regards precision coding.
    ProVote had a Admin section and if you look at UT2Vote for UT2004, it has a HUGE admin section.
    Basically I want to make sure MVX works 100% for the player, with all bugs and access nones etc removed and this has a way to go, then I will lok at a decent Admin section.
    Currently I might make the button visible in the Info tab to do 3 or 4 minor operations.

spark^ to talk about a server redirect option....
    Back in 2002 a guy here by the name of Shrimp, he made a redirect in that he used the map Entry.unr and added several Portals in there with each one marked whatever Server Name it was and when you walked through the Portal, it transferred you to that game.
    It was very col and worked quite well.
    Players could talk to each other in the Portal as well.
    I'll go through all the archives here at http//www.unrealza.co.za and see if I can find this thing.

Btw, MapVotex now has a decent RepeatLimit and also a DefaultMutators :)

2. Wises

Wises New Member

so... had a lot of interesting games tonight.

one main thing which annoys me is players resetting score right at the end (reconnecting)

also notice that there's hardly a minute to take in the stats as the vote system works so damn well.

good work mate.. job welldone.

this one will be popular I feel.

more then MVLA13 I think even.

3. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

Just a question here that I'm not quite sure of.
    Regarding the RepeatLimits.
    Lets say you have set them to RepeatLimit=5 which is default.
    Now you play DeathMatch for say 4 levels and of couse as you vote a map and it wins it goes into the RepeatLimit database so to speak as you cannot play that map again for 5 levels.
    Ok now you vote for say CTF and it wins and everyone is now playing CTF.
    Now my question is:
    While you are playing CTF must the RepeatLimits on the DeathMatch maps still count down for each level, or must it only count down on the game that is currently playing ?

Btw, I have dumped the MapPrefix= altogether as map prefixes are not required in MVX
    However just make sure your DefaultMap= has the right prefix as that's where I get it now if needed.

4. Wises

Wises New Member

in theory you would want the repeat limits to stay permanent (so to speak) across all gametypes.. however where Iam it never goes down well and so I have it set to 1.. unfortunately players love whoring deck.

be interesting to see what happens re prefixes and stuff.. but yeah I guess should'nt b a problem..

also re TDM SB.. can we lower the opacity a little more on both the titles and BG's?

Backgrounds

alpha fade them a bit more I mean.. or have a setting for that somewhere in smartDM,.

just seems a bit deep atm.

5. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

Hell it must be around 5:00 am there by you, don't you ever sleep :)
    Regarding the opacity on the TDM titles, yes I fiddled with that quite a bit but because we use textures it's on or off as they are not clear type textures like the player backgrounds for instance.
    I'll have another go but I don't think it will workout.

Edit.

I think I'll leave the repeatlimits to count down all all games regardless of what game is being played as it's always nice to have all the maps available when switching to a new game.
    Maybe an option for this, I'll think about it.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  6. sparK^

sparK^ New Member

About the server affiliates, i think it will be better if only the admins add the servers, for example, i got 3 servers, and the player adds 6 more, and the mapvote its little, maybe only display the other servers and not the mine's, thats the reason i think only the admin adds servers.

7. sparK^

sparK^ New Member

about the portal, its was awesome!!

8. sparK^

sparK^ New Member

hey buddys i make a server to test the MapVoteX with some different GameTypes like: BunnyTrack, DM, TDM, CTF and sDOM, now im uploading the maps, maybe in 2 hours the server are done for test, this is the IP: 74.91.127.69:7777

9. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

I have added 2 Admin buttons to the Info tab if you are logged in as Admin:

[​IMG]

10. Wises

Wises New Member

agreed on the repeat limit.. just have it for the current game then reset after new gametype loaded.. gives players a 'legal exploit' :lol: and yes thats a good idea because different players come on at different times.. and is not fair that their fav map always be in the 'bin' when they drop in.

@time lol yer gmt+12:00 haha.. think it was around 3-4:30am when i posted.. was in bed and couldnt sleep.. went to gametracker.com to check server stats - now 94th ... anyway i noticed that there were 6 players on .. and thought hell ynot lol. anyways ended up playing till like 4 in the morning.

iam honestly warming to this new mapvote.. actually no.. it is number #1 for me now hands down..

i really like the hamma sounds when you vote hehe..

just had a thought... if/when you do the admin section.. just wondering.. would it be difficult to read into a sep [tab]/pane.. the ucc.ini? .. so admins get direct access to whats happening if they choose?

kinda like click button.. and the ucc.log streams in on a timer or realtime idk.. maybe that train would get derailed :lol: yeah well... always wanted to be able to check/watch the server.log in game lol. with the ability to copy/paste the details if needed which i think could be real tricky.

@sparks.. i was meaning that admins only could add affiliates to the server.. but players could choose (always give em the choice) to add the linked servers.. affiliates to their 'favourites' by clicking on button hehe.. [add to favs] or optional [goto server] [join as spectator] :)

I have been looking for a system which can query 'linked/affiliated' servers for ingame by players.. like proasms utmonitor to be precise.. but with only servers selected by admin.

the list could popup and onload auto query the servers in the list.. a timer would kick in to prevent abuse.. 10sec's before reloading/querying.. once queried.. the player then has the option of selecting 1/some/all servers and adding to their favourites.

they can also like i stated above , select a server and then click on (goto server) or (join as spec)

if both servers have the same system then players can jump back and forth , to and fro :lol: which is the ultimate goal..

pops up another idea.. [info tab] ability through .ini to add a number of hotlinks to important downloads / websites / forums etc.

for example on our servers .. i have setup various cmds which enable players to download updates for their clients.. including , latest opengl/directx drivers.. xbrowser (my fav) , autospectate mod.. etc.

having a customisable 'pane' which allows for 20-30 links would be awesome.. in a column with hot links for the server's website/forums/email be ideal.

yes well.. never short of idea's lol..
    wonders if the caveman thought up the toothpick after eating the dinosaurs yaba-duba-doo

;)

11. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

LOL... :D

12. Wises

Wises New Member

nice just seen ver 'e' info tab.

wondering... instead of buttons for these things.. perhaps do like the mapvote 'pane' ie; have a column on the left in that empty section for any/all cmd's .. now and future.. and at the bottom of the column have a button.. [execute] to do the selected CMD :).. now if only there was a simple way to allow admins the choice via .ini to add those CMD's hehe.. i mean most cmd's are .. mutate blah or console > exit or something.
    further more theres the direct.ini interaction.. set botpack.deathmatchplus bSomeThing=bool
    or console > addbots 1 etc..

these custom CMD's could be added to the column (upto limit) ^_^ the key thing is getting the little individual systems sorted and then providing the option's / ability for admins to setup.

anyways.. what do you think about the column idea with the admin cmd's and 1 button to execute┬┐O

was thinking re: website / forums / contact admin.. perhaps those bottom 3 buttons could be [website] [forums][contact] ... conf in .ini by the admin;

MVX.INI
    Website=http://somesite.com
    forums=http://forums.somesite.com
    contact=mailtto://bob@theworld.com

13. Wises

Wises New Member

ok the column idea may work for certain things.. but what if the 'CMD' requires an input / value...

[column cmds] [input box values][execute button]

addbots > 10 > [go]
    removebots > 5 > [go]

14. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

Columns is nice but needs lots of code.
    It needs an additional 2 classes, plus search and find routines.
    Buttons are straight forward no fuss no bother.
    if (button click)
    send mutate command
    I hate lots of code, you come back in a years time to edit something and you spend days trying to figure out all the gumph and complicated code.
    Like the code in LA13.
    It was easier and quicker for me to start MapVoteX from scratch than try and figure all that code out.

Regardless what happens in a menu, every item there gets sent back to the server via a mutate command :)
    You can send it in a train but that takes like forever.
    The train only leaves when you close the window, whereas a Mutate command you can send while the window is still open :)

15. Wises

Wises New Member

confirmation of settings/changes for like botpack stuff could be written to the chatbox (all users bAdvertiseCmds=true) or for admin only =false.

imagining now setting up cmds in .ini ;

summon[x]="Amplifier","summon unrealshare.amplifier",0,false <~ 0=admin only , 1=all users
    cmd[x]="AddBots","addbots",0,true <~ requires input through MVX
    http[x]="Visit Website","http://www.somesite.com",1,false
    http[x]="adminwebsite","http.somesite.com/admin",0,false

idk.. something like that.

16. sparK^

sparK^ New Member

@wises ok mate, i understand now lol, its a good idea to be an option to add the servers to favs :p

17. Wises

Wises New Member

nice could you add a couple more buttons for the admin perhaps..

Restart Match (admin only) later could hame semi-admins perhaps.

[input box for pw]~[login/logout] also later semiadmins

mutate iptocountry (for all users) [show countries]

mutate iptohost (admin only) [show player hosts/IPs]

also can there be based on ip address auto detect admin?

.ini;

bAdminIP[x]=192.168.1.1
    bAdminIP[x]=255.255.255.255
    for say upto 5 admins maybe
    ^for static IP's of course

18. sparK^

sparK^ New Member

Somebody test the mapvoteX on my server with the different gametypes? only have to upload some .utx of BT maps for all done, 15 more files! to have done the server, ready for test! :D someone like BT? :p

19. Wises

Wises New Member

thinking a separate tab for additional cmds.. [cmds] or [other]?

freeing up the info tab for basic stuff.. and advertising.
    like being able to have a custom logo perhaps in there.. and links to websites / forums / email and credits (your website).

20. Wises

Wises New Member

hey sparks.. yep will come test soon.. all files redirected assuming?

:)

ive also already filled up some 15 gametypes lol..