Mapvote3 screen appears during firefight

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jimjaffe

Oct 3, 2001
Northern CA
Visit site
I have a family server running Mapvote3. Someitmes during a busy firefight the mapvote screen will appear (and I get Killed). I am not hitting the mapvote key as it is a long way from the keys I play with. I am using an AMD 1 GHz Athlon, VIA chipset (IWill MB), USB keyboard and USB mouse, WIN98SE, and UT 4.36.

Thanks,
Jim

BDB

May 9, 2000
NC, USA
www.planetunreal.com
Ether a mid game vote was initiated (50% of the players voted)
or you have a keybound to the vote menu.
Do you know if it happens when you press a certain key or not.
Also change the MidGameVote option to 100%.

jimjaffe

Oct 3, 2001
Northern CA
Visit site
I would like to keep mid game map voting. The difficulty is that the mapvoting screen comes up as it would for anyone that presses the mapvoting key. You don't need 50% to do that. I have the mapvoting key set as "M" which is a long way from the keys I play with. I tried a non-USB keyboard and have the same problem.

Thanks, Jim

BDB

May 9, 2000
NC, USA
www.planetunreal.com
There might could be more than one key bound.
Search your \UnrealTournament\System\User.ini file
for "MUTATE BDBMAPVOTE VOTEMENU"
if you find it beside anything other than M then erase it.