Maps

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OpFor

Feeling suicide, thats O.K.
Apr 26, 2001
Visit site
I'm really counting on fist_mlrs maps, and gezzers, AND K@ins map. Those look spectacular. My alpha map DM-INF-Kosovo needs some redoing, I'm going to try and add some THICK bush (like in RL) with an old blown up farm house. but I suck so god damn much at urban environments. hey, Keek, do you have a tut on using your rain engine?

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
Wow. Some of you guys have some great terrains. I'm wondering what your using to make them? I have used not so great terraedit. It makes UED do not so great things. I even had to scrap a map because I couldn't get passed the terrain part. Oh well, it sucked anyway.
Jaymian

LoTekK

Peon
Jul 26, 2001
Washington, DC
terraedit all the way, baby... :D just gotta be careful with it, and not have too much in the way of extremely steep slops (i believe that's a major cause of bsp holes, AFAIK)...

anyways, i just noticed something in keek's screenies:
how the fuck did you get that smoothing on your terrain??? it almost looks like ye olde gouraud shading (ahh, those were the days... :D)

keek

mapper
Nov 7, 2000
The Netherlands
www.phys.uu.nl
When you don't have the money for the next gen unreal engine, you have to resort to dirty tricks:
I have covered the entire terrain with one single 256*256 texture, which has the shadow on it. I have to set my terrain to unlit: that sucks, but I think I can get away with it this time :D

Gullonefox

TBUILDT Webmaster/Mapper
Nov 27, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
One thing I have always said to mappers when displaying their maps to people, is to add the lighting.... It just helps soo much with the eye :) but looking cool tho dude! keep it up.

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
Haha

afta4.jpg

Spooge

Digital Content Creator
Jul 9, 2000
TN -USA
www.planetunreal.com