mapping question about DM-INF-Norwich

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Clutch

Dec 15, 2005
you know when you go down into the lower part of that map (the tunnel under the water). there is fog there but it has distance between you and it so you cannot see passed a certain point. anyonw know how to do that?

smeerkat

Hello, old friend...
Mar 10, 2001
Canada
www.kens.net
Clutch said:
you know when you go down into the lower part of that map (the tunnel under the water). there is fog there but it has distance between you and it so you cannot see passed a certain point. anyonw know how to do that?

It's in the ZoneInfo Actor, there's a section called ZoneLighting, and somewhere you have to set bFogZone to True. My memory's a bit fuzzy, but just check out the ZoneInfo Properties.

In the old days, fog was frowned upon, because it dragged down framerates. I haven't experimented on it lately. And for online gaming, I turn it off.

Clutch

Dec 15, 2005
thats not it, i messed with that and couldnt give it any distance so all it did was made the screen look brighter :(

smeerkat

Hello, old friend...
Mar 10, 2001
Canada
www.kens.net
oops, sorry about that. There are two steps:

1) In the ZoneInfo, set bFogZone = True
2) add a Light actor. Change the values for VolumeBrightness, VolumeFog, Volume Radius.

smeerkat

Hello, old friend...
Mar 10, 2001
Canada
www.kens.net
Grrr, #$%^%@!! unreal tournament.

One more thing: open up your UnrealTournament.ini file, scroll down to the D3D section, and change VolumetricLighting = True

(if you're running UT in D3D. Otherwise, choose the appropriate section that relates to your graphics driver.)