UE3 - UT3 Mappers, Jailbreak needs you!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
Right, so you may remember this video I made to let you know jailbreak was in the works: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmI5rC9gjJo

Well, more or less, the mod is playable. And although there are outstanding issues, the largest reason you aren't playing it now is maps. Besides the test map shown in the video above, We have perhaps one reasonably complete original map. I'm toying with a conversion or two, but we could really use some non-stock work. So if anyone likes mapping for team based gametypes (both CTF and WAR designs can potentially be used) and would like to see their work included with jailbreak, come down to the Jailbreak Forums and give us a holler, and make your mark on a great gametype. :)

Last edited:

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
We're still in need of mappers. We've had a few guys who have said they'd help out but most of them have gone missing in the journey between here and the Jailbreak subforum....

If anyone is interested - even if it is to just work on bits of maps, such as a layout, jail ideas, arenas, adding polish to a map. Anything would be a help! :)

Come say Hi over on our irc channel, #utjb on enterthegame. Or head over to the jailbreak forums.

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
I think you should pimp it even more, post stuff from the UT and UT2004 release to proof you're not just another random mod, and I would contact people who have made good CTF maps yourself, and ask them to convert their level.

I worked with the jailbreak team twice, converting one of my levels for them, in 2001 or something for UT1 and in 2004 for UT2004. The UT2004 one won a first place Best Gametype prize in the UT2004 MakeSomethingUnreal. It is cool stuff and this is one of the oldest, or the oldest mod around in this community!

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
I'd be interested in helping out here, but I've never played Jailbreak tbh. I didn't see it in ut99, and didnt play the 2k* versions of UT. I'll check your videos.

The problem is this: I've only ever completed one map (or at least what I would call completed), see my sig for a link. That being the case, I have probably a LOT to learn here, but if you can use me thats great. Its your call. I do have some time I can devote, but my limited time (family/job) + my noobish ued skills may not be what your looking for.

I do have one layout I am working on, a redesign of a map I've been working with on and off since last June. It is a symmetrical map, so in theory it could work with ctf, and possibly Jailbreak, but I wont make a call until I've at least looked at how Jailbreak works.

RevBillyG

Taking over the world.
Nov 10, 1999
That's great. We welcome mappers of all skills and would certainly like to see your ideas.

We have a very friendly core of people that are always happy to help out with stuff you might not have learned yet.

Come to the Jailbreak forum and introduce yourself :)

Ignotium

Que hora es?
Apr 3, 2005
Madrid
Ask for a frontpage on BU to get some real presence, most people hardly notice this section of the forums.

Anyways, I'd jump in, but working atm I'm working with Renegade, HOLP3 and 2 personal maps. But only time will tell

FragTastic

Hitscanned
Nov 10, 2008
Still riding the "Zombie Horse"
if conversions of any of my existing maps can help, count me in :)

[EDIT] I have a 1yo howling banshee that makes it impossible to concentrate atm so new mapping projects are out for me for a while :(

Last edited: