Map screens

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bah_Mee

No one escapes us!
Stop?

Nah

here is another picture from the phrenia wizards school

I have been only using a computer for 3 years and I know I am getting good really fast! Still better with hand drawn art though!

how long have you been using a computer Dai?:p

Bah_Mee

No one escapes us!
LOL!

hehe,

keep practicing and look at maps really closely Dai! The hard part is trying to finish the maps without compensating the flow, I only have two maps so far and I am already embarrased of my first one as it is really sloppy style. snap to grid is a good thing!

bah_mee

fragswill

Charismatic Leader
Mar 21, 2000
Sweden
I've talked to Dai on IRC, and it appears he really is jealous.

He has yet to release his first map, but I've been able to see a few attempts of his and they were frankly terrible. Be kind to him.

Bah_Mee

No one escapes us!
Dai the mapper

noted Frag,

BTW I still play your CTF-abase all the time, I love the flow on that map!!

@ Dai don't ever be discouraged by someone elses skillz, I could name plenty of mappers who put me to horrible shame including the guy right above this post! I was not offended and hope I did not offend you in any way, I know it is a big jump for me to convert from Worldcraft(half-life editor) to Unrealed but UnrealEd kicks worldcrafts editor arse! but like I said get a favorite mapper and just fly around in one of their maps with no other bots in spectator mode and try to figure out how they constructed the big map peice by peice. Even CliffyB said it is not bad to try to copy someone elses map. after awhile you start getting used to the editor and can envision things all by yourself.

Later mappas!
Bah_Mee

Dai

Orgasmetron
Apr 2, 2000
Finding a new low
Visit site
Originally posted by fragswill
I've talked to Dai on IRC, and it appears he really is jealous.

He has yet to release his first map, but I've been able to see a few attempts of his and they were frankly terrible. Be kind to him.

#!¤#"13

ey! fuck off mister poo-head!

Akuma

Deacon Massif
Mar 4, 2000
Visit site
Dai clearly has issues he needs to work out

don't let his petty jealousy stop you, that map looks refreshingly different - nice to see several themes in one level!

fragswill

Charismatic Leader
Mar 21, 2000
Sweden
A few useful tips if you don't like to have people laughing behind your back: never overscale textures, never use different texture sets in the same map unless you know what you're doing, try to align the textures, and read davidm's lighting tutorial(no ****).