1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

***** Map request - Pls read *****

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by boxster, Mar 29, 2001.

1. boxster

boxster ]3oXsTe]2

For assult or mission type maps, I have a request here. It's for an airport type map. I know what you guys are thinking right now, "Oh no, not another CS clone," but its not. Its very differant.

Heres a picture of how it would be layed out.

NOTE:
    -It would take place at night.
    -Lights would start out being on
    -Hanger door to plane (big door in front) would start out being closed.
    -Lights and the Hanger door are controled in the control tower.

[​IMG]
    PORSCHE ßõX$†€®

2. boxster

boxster ]3oXsTe]2

NOTE:
    -Through the bushed paths on the left and right, there would be various objects that would allow for peeps to take cover.
    -Runway may be extended, if you see neccesary
    -The airplane is disabled by shooting its wheels
    -The map would be boardered with large mountains
    -the "Watch/control tower" would have 2 watch floors. The bottom floor would be able to cover the airport tarmac, while the upper level would cover the cliff enterance
    -The cliff area would be sheltered from sniping from the control tower with its overhang, for about 3/4 the way up.
    -The "Raised platform (turquois)" goes around the parimeter of the inside of the hanger. It is accessed through stairs

-The assulting team starts at the water, from some sort of water transport boat, and the defending team starts in the hanger
    -The bottom of the map is a coastline

<u> PLS if you can map and like my idea, or have any quesions or suggestions, post me a message. </u>

There is a huge strategical element that goes along with this map, theres no ONE path to take, which makes gameplay excellent in my oppinion.

If anyone is interested, here is the story line I thought up (actually, based on the noriago take down mission in panoma back somewhere around 1991).

-A war criminal/millitary dictator who has taken control of the country through millitary force is wanted by the US.

-He is going to escape with his jet, It must be disabled

-The US cant blow it up, because all property will be handed back to the original government, and the US wants as litte damage to their property as possible

[​IMG]
    PORSCHE ßõX$†€®

[This message was edited by ]3oXsTe]2 on Mar 29, 2001 at 04:03.]

[This message was edited by ]3oXsTe]2 on Mar 29, 2001 at 04:13.]

[This message was edited by ]3oXsTe]2 on Mar 29, 2001 at 04:36.]

3. boxster

boxster ]3oXsTe]2

Just a thought: This map would more accuratly be described as an airfeild map, rather than an airport map...

It also would have a similar setting as Extreme Prejudice.
    [​IMG]
    PORSCHE ßõX$†€®

4. Lord_Bunker

Lord_Bunker New Member

the lengths you went to to describe your map you probably could have learned unrealed just as easily.

[​IMG]

5. smithnwessun

smithnwessun Gravel

Good idea

this is a good idea but im not sure about it ...there is not too much detail in your plan maybe this is just the basic for you anyway after my two map i might start somtin like that...:)

<P align=center>[​IMG] </p>
    GUNNER FOREVER
    http://www.planetunreal.com/tbuildt/