1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UE3 - UT3 Map looks different in UT3 vs UE3

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by GameKyuubi, May 21, 2011.

1. GameKyuubi

GameKyuubi New Member

I'm having a problem where a map will look a certain way when I play it in UE3, but when I play it in UT3, there's significant differences, like some objects will be unshaded, or flicker bizarrely. What's strange is that the same object will behave fine in one part of the map, but in others it's not right.

The specific problem I'm having is grass being shaded in one half of the map, but it's completely unshaded in another half, yet it's the same object under similar lighting conditions, and it behaves properly in UE3. It also flickers between "shaded" and "unshaded" occasionally.

2. Odedge

Odedge Keeper of Tutorials

2 things I can think of....

1. Is the map fully built before you test it in the editor?
    2. Your settings in the game are different than the editor. From my understanding, in the editor, you should see the game at it's full "glory". If your settings are lower in the game,t hat can cause differences.

3. GameKyuubi

GameKyuubi New Member

The map is fully built. Settings in-game are maxed.

4. Odedge

Odedge Keeper of Tutorials

It could be a driver issue, but you think you would get the same issue in the editor. Is this with stock assets or custom made ones? Have you tried this on another computer or given it to someone to see if they get the same issues?