1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Map listings? in ut2vote

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bonjaa, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Bonjaa

Bonjaa New Member

Hi, I am wondering for ease of the players, If one list of maps, of combined gametypes is possible to be done with vote5.7? That way it is less confusing for the players, and they can just look at the maps available to be played. Just wondering if this is possible? If so, how?

Also, I am wondering, in an onslaught game, if the team that wins can be set up not by who defeats the main power core, but by a total player score on one team? If anybody has an answer, would appreciate it, thanks!

2. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

The problem with displaying many maps is that every map name needs to be sent (replicated) to the client every time he wants to see it.
    If all the games maps amount to say 1000 maps, this could lag the server so bad that the game would come to a grinding halt, especially if that client happens to be on a 56k modem :(
    Also UT2004 only allows us to display 255 map names although we have hacked it a bit to allow 512 :)

Regarding Onslaught and Power cores, in the beginning we played around a lot with how UT2Vote behaves in Onslaught but it became risky and many errors crept in that we decided to treat Onslaught like any other game.

3. Bonjaa

Bonjaa New Member

I am wondering if ut2vote5.7 is not capable to make one list of maps. The reason I think this, is because I have been on servers that use the ut2vote system and have one list of maps with multiply game types in that list. I believe the version was 5.0! Could it be that 5.7, does not support this, or is there a way to make a new list/one list in 5.7 with a max of 20 maps of different game types, so as not to overload the server and cause it to crash, as you have noted. It would be nice if this could be done.

Also a note, can this be done with "GameMake3", or do I misunderstand what "GameMake3" is for?

4. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

I'm not sure how they do it and no, UT2vote has always been the same regarding maplists.
    Best email the admin of the server and ask him :)
    GameMake3 does play a big roll in many admin tricks so maybe thats the clue.

5. Bonjaa

Bonjaa New Member

Okay, thanks! I will see if they are willing to share their knowledge.