1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Map list help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheHeffNerr, Mar 3, 2006.

1. TheHeffNerr

TheHeffNerr New Member

ok this is realy starting to bug me! on my vote in game, the only map list that will show is my IG CTF

looked in the ut2004ini all the defult maps are set in there.

bMinMaxMaps=False is set in the UT2Vote52.ini file is set

im at a loss right now, read the readme file up and down a few times now, i gota be missing something :(

thanks for any help :)
    -TheHeffNerr

2. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

[UT2Vote52.UT2VoteGameTypes]
    Hope you have not removed or duplicated any games in here.
    To use the MapLists you need to set UseMapList=True for whichever game you want.

3. frogger187

frogger187 eat. sleep. frag.

maplist shows... not sure what this means.. is IG CTF the only gametype voteable or are you saying on other gaemtypes it is not using your maplist?

4. TheHeffNerr

TheHeffNerr New Member

only instagib CTF would have maps to vote on in the voting menu in the game... all game types are there. but would have no maps to choose from. that help explane it at all?

i checked the ini file and IG CTF was the only one that was set to true, i was about to test it to see if that helped, but my car pool showed up and i had to go to work :(

thanks for the help :) alot better responce on this forum then others.

sorry, im not the best with written part english :(

-TheHeffNerr

5. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

Can you attach or post your UT2Vote ini file.
    Sound like something has been left out somewhere.

6. TheHeffNerr

TheHeffNerr New Member

i did change it to per you said with the UseMapList=True im still trying to get some one to test it for me :( 7 hours of work left heh.

-TheHeffNerr

**Edit**

seems like it works now :) was able to semi test it, they where able to vote :) yay, thanks so much.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2006
  7. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

All looks well in the ini.
    I dont understand why you need to use the MapLists to be able to vote though, as a Maplist only allows you about 30 maps wheras normally you can have up to 250 maps, infact 500 if the AltMapPrefix is the same as the MapPrefix.

8. TheHeffNerr

TheHeffNerr New Member

im not sure as well :p if u want to take a look at anything else (dont have to you've been a big help alrdy) i can post some more not sure what else u'd need to peek at

9. frogger187

frogger187 eat. sleep. frag.

if you set busemaplist=false in your gamestrings..it will show all maps in your maps folder. Usually the easiest way unless you have certain maps for certain gametypes. i.e. specific TDM/DM maps.