1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Map Ideas For 2005

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by Lucas, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Cyberjake

Cyberjake New Member

Couple of map concepts that seem like fun to me, not quite sure how to implement them into eas though.

1. Airport: moving walkways, escalators, baggage claims, fastfood restraunts/bookstores, tarmac and plane access. (Im suprised no one has made a great airport map.) Maybe use a "prevent the terrorists from hijacking the plane" scenario for eas.

2. Shopping Mall/Supper Market: complete with lots of that can be knocked down/blown up

3. College campus with library, faculty offices, class rooms, bell towers, statues etc.

I mentioned this in an earlier post, but I think that adding npc's or "pedestrians" that react to gunfire would make many locations a lot more real feeling and fun to try.

Also, i would love to see maps that encourage SMG or pistol use as if feel assualt rifles are too popular in INF and make it hard to be effective with anything less powerful.

2. Lucas

Lucas *Dial-Up King*without a crown

I say a good World War 2 map. Like maybe a bunker in the ground type and maybe some german shepherds that run after you and attack you, everyone can be attacked basically. that would be awesome. see medal of honor allied assault for the dog idea

3. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

@Derelan:
    The 3rd part of the show was awesome, better than any thriller, only the bourne supremacy tops it. Sadly after the episode where she had no knowledge about the two past years the show ended in germany, I started to love it.

Absolutely, strange that in every shooter I palyed, I like the airport maps. CS' 747 rocked and rogue spear's airport mission rockt the hell.
    Guess it's just cuz I love airports in real life, the sound, the smell, the atmosphere.

@WW2 map:
    Kidding right?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2005
  4. Derelan

Derelan Tracer Bullet

When she lost all her memory, I lost all respect for the show. After that, it just turned into another boring 'relic hunter' with great acting and stupid writing.

I agree, we need a good airport map. Maybe the terrorists have to plant a bomb on the plane (45 seconds) and then take off in the plane, like the helicopter in that british map. Of course, the story sounds pretty stupid. Maybe something more like that scene from 24, and the bomb is already on the plane. It would make for some very short matches, but it would work.

5. Rostam

Rostam PSN: Rostam_

I was thinking of an Airport map as well to be honest, I loved that mission in SWAT.

6. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

@Derelan:
    Ermm, no Counter Terrorism stuff plz. It could be a military airport, which would be somewhat different than a normal airport (that we probably speak about).
    I would like a normal airport.

7. ~viper~

~viper~ lo

how about a Moscow airport? I haven't visited since I left, so I guess I'd like to see Russia-related maps.... A Kremlin map? Could be in the style of London-Wentham, with cars and streets, etc... Novosibirsk and Siberia did not exactly portray the country well...

8. Fat Marrow

Fat Marrow Vegetable

I took a lot of pictures when I was in Irkutsk (and, to a lesser extent, Moscow) with a view to mapping (a very charming town, I thought), but I don't think I've got enough reference material.

Maybe at some point in the distant future...

9. Lethal Dosage

Lethal Dosage Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer

Well my Trench Warfare map is intended to be a WW2 map, and it will eventually be snowing, with pine tress and stuff. Sorta like what Europe was like.

The military airport is a great idea! but any airport is good, should prove to be an intesting map, especially if the attackers have to assault a plane on the tarmac, with the defenders being able to open doors to fire out of, and being able to shoot out windows to maybe. With triggerable vehicle movers for cover.

10. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

@viper:
    I remember played Hitman:Silent Assasin. I loved those St. Petersburg missions. Would be cool if they would be a innercity style map with the lake and backhouses as a bitmap and the street near the water and some buildings the locations. BMP's standing around and the tunnel system accesable. The high buildings to snipe.
    Would be awesome.

@Lethal Dosage:
    Exactly. What I thought about too. Shooting out of the planes windows. Entering the plane from the cargo thing and at the main entrance, also the ability to break into the cockpit via the window. I love close, claustrophobic spaces. and then some buildings, the cargo, the main hall and so on.
    Oh and it have to be night. Maybe a second version as a day map would be awesome.
    I think about the cs_747 map typing that, it was awesome. In Rogue Spear the hostages were awsome and the various decks, rooms.

That map would be my wish Nr.1, even more than a wooden map

11. Burger

Burger Lookin' down the iron-sights...

(O/t) It's impossible for someone to pick a lock in two seconds... Was there a gun involved?

ON topic: What are the top Urban/Desert/jungle maps that can be played with bots (EAS and TDM)

Are there any good domination maps around? I want to mod ACB revised for DOMination, but have no idea how to do it...

12. Derelan

Derelan Tracer Bullet

First of all, it was portrayed that way for style purposes. Secondly, it is so very possible to pick a lock as fast as they did, if it is a padlock or a deadbolt you are familiar with (I can pick my deadbolt in 5-30 seconds because i've practised with it). However, these are usually high-sec locks that they are unfamiliar with, so no, its not very realistic, just lucky :p

13. Lucas

Lucas *Dial-Up King*without a crown

Derelan, don't forget what you said last night in the game, You want a prequel to Big Clapper.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2005
  14. Burger

Burger Lookin' down the iron-sights...

when you practice on one lock, it gets easier to pick, as you know where the levels are to unlock it. Locksmiths don't practice on one lock for ages before opening it for the customer. They do it once, and usually it takes a couple of different tactics.

Does nobody like Domination (the gametype, for all those gutterminds...)