UE1 - UT Map Editor Tutorial Screwed?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Moon_Knight

Jan 4, 2009
Hi, im new here, and as a startoff, id like to point out that i am always recieving problems with the basic UnrealEd map editor for UnrealTournament-2000. I follow the tutorial pointblank from the start, and i do everything correctly. it does not show up as a map, neither does it allow me to place player starts, go below the map to see the ceiling, it does not give me the HumanoidArchitecture.utx file. instead it gives me random objects that dont even matter. i tried custom texture, but appearantly it just looks like either a color fest, or a black and white cartoon (^^) the tutorial does not seem to help. not too much at least...

Thank you.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Are you on the latest official patch, v346? Really old versions only contained UnrealEd 1, which probably is the worst thing level designers ever had to deal with. Unofficial later patches (e.g. v451) break the editor.