1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Map Bugs

Discussion in 'UTXMP Bug Reports + Troubleshooting' started by MÆST, Jul 23, 2005.

1. MÆST

MÆST Active Member

Here's a thread to post any bugs you have found in UTXMP maps.

To start with, I found, and have been shown, tons of holes (places you can get under the map, in the mountains, etc. in MurkyWoods. I'd rather show them to someone than try to explain the location of all of them.

2. Stoneblind

Stoneblind /\°§pèçtré

There's also something wrong with the two energy sources on the beach on Sunset Beach; the green grid outlines indicating that they are hackable outline an energy source that is twice its size, when the actual energy source itself is smaller. It's hard to explain; it could be involving graphic drivers and whatnot, but just something I'd point out; it's hard to explain in detail, but check them out for yourself.

3. Reeps

Reeps Severe thumbs up (y)

Worked on that last night, the 2 gens in sunset are scaled down, so the hack effect was going around what would be a 'normal' size gen. Unless code can fix it, I've just scaled up the gens normally.

4. PRG

PRG XMP Beta Tester

-Double deploy base in the blue cave in Nakoja.

5. shoptroll

shoptroll Active Member

Fox apparrently is using some assets from BR-Canyon, since when I played it on BBF's sever I had to download BR-Canyon

6. ...andrelax

...andrelax SkyBum

yes me too. that was a shame, cos i don't want canyon so just went to another server.

7. Reeps

Easy fix.

8. shoptroll

shoptroll Active Member

I didn't think it'd be that hard. Just pull out the content that's being referenced, is my guess.

P.S. - How come your CBP maps aren't UTXMP-ized yet?

9. CopperJohn

CopperJohn New Member

Sirocoo Blue Base Raptor Hangar.... Can't jump out of raptor if you inadvertenly get into the turret instead of the drivers seat.

10. Emmet Otter

Emmet Otter I miss XMP :(

I dont know if its a map bug or was just a change for UTXMP but, in alcazar you cant use the "lift jumps" to slow you down in the down corridors by the atifact nodes. It'll boost you back up if you land center but, it wont slow you down anymore. I hope its a bug.

Also in Garden, the outside teleporters when used faces me at a wall at the other end inside of those teleport booths. Its very annoying not know what direction you are going to face when you use them when being chased:(

11. aeqos38/5

aeqos38/5 The unusual immortal

Haha... I remember killing you like that once.

"Wtf... i couldn't get out" :lol:

12. MÆST

MÆST Active Member

I've had it happen on two maps (Nakoja and Rampart), where it is way to easy to kill yourself with the stationary turrets. If you aim for someone below you with the nakoja machine gun turrets or the Rampart big giant cannons you somehow manage to shoot yourself. Though I haven't tried any other turrets really, it might be a problem in other maps.

I recall being able to crouch and fit through the sniper window on Garden in the U2 version. Also, I don't seem to be able to fit though the windows in Rampart from the outside like was possible in the other versions.

13. LivingPuppet

LivingPuppet Registered Puppet

You apparently can't crouch in the air like in u2 which is why you can't fit through those tight spots. Hope they fix it.

In Alcazar the Raptor is supposed to blow up when hitting the ground after falling from the sky platform.

14. Emmet Otter

Emmet Otter I miss XMP :(

Gun turrets looks fugly here when manned
    [​IMG]

15. aeqos38/5

I think this is just the crouch height not being small enough. I too would like to be able to get in the side windows in Rampant above the vehicle hangars. I loved that entrance/exit.

Worked for me when I tried it a grand total of one time :D , but in your defense, the Raptor did land on a slope.

16. Gumby

Gumby Pretty in Pink!

You can still do it in rampant and garden :) Can even go straight through the window from the pillar(s) in front of both maps ;)

17. Reeps

He is right.

18. aeqos38/5

He is wrong. Try the windows above the vehicle bays.

19. FunGun

FunGun *klonk*

Yeah you can't get through those, but that doesn't mean that you can't duckjump. I'd rather say that those windows are either to small, or that there collision box isn't correct...

20. dutch_gecko

dutch_gecko Think Pink

Two bugs on XMP-Dragonfly: First one, the edge to the left of the view has clipping extending too high past where it should be. Second one, you take damage at this point despite being miles from the pond (no I was not being shot :p)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2005