Map bugging

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
Server admins, if you have maps on your list with specific areas you aren't fond of people accessing, then please remove the maps from your list, or fix them yourselves. I'm tired of having people tell me I can't jump to area A or over fence B, because I clearly can.

Cleeus[JgKdo]

because respawns suck
Jun 8, 2002
Germany
www.cleeus.de
Derelan, thats called following "rules".

And one rule is not to use mapbugs.

If you can't follow this rule you will be kicked, banned, ... not to speak of the reputation you earn for yourself and your clan.

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
Well it's not always that obvious (and generally agreed on) to tell apart mapbugs and good spots. Since the 2.9 playermodel is taller than the old one you are able to get to some more places and only few of 'em spoil gamplay....

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
Agreed, Derelan get with the program. If I was to remove all the buggy maps, then I would only have 5 in rotation ;)

With that said, all players should get a free ride on the first time they use a map bug. However, once you are asked (and I hope nicely) not to do what ever you did, then do not do it.

That is to harsh for you? Start your own server. :)

Last edited:

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
Heck in even in up-to-date games there are rules like that Derelan for maps. It is just a fact that maps have buggs that the author did on see or decided it would be to much a pain to correct. When that happens it is left to the players (and the Server Admin) to decided what is fair play with a map issue. It is not hard to figure out nor it is hard to play fairly. Unless that is you have an issue about fair play. ;)

I do agree with you it is a pain in the ass... but heck life is a pain in the ass to! :lol:

Last edited: