UE1 - UT Manual mover activation

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
A coder guy I know wants to make it so, that all the proximity triggered movers in Unreal (doors, etc) are triggered by a use key.

I think he can do it, but the problem is that it also opens doors that are supposed to be remotely unlocked somewhere else (and from there on behave like normal doors, or stay open).

Is there a way to limit this feature to movers that are supposed to be opened by moving close or into them, but not until it is unlocked by a trigger (or if it is only opened by a remote trigger)?

Last edited:

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
If you don't want to use a trigger sequence to do what you want, I'd be happy to script something that you can embed into the map that will specifically do any action to any actor you want. It's hard to do just a generic trigger for something like this, it's best to just whip up a one-off special trigger. I've made a ton that do all kinds of things for various maps so it will not be a problem to make you one.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
It is for the mod Infiltration (2.9), it already has the use key. So you say that it is possible to open doors in any Unreal/UT map with a use key then, except those that are meant to be triggered remotely? If so maybe you can enlighten us on how to implement it? I'll redirect the programmer guy to this thread, maybe it helps.

If you would like to make it though, than as said it is the UT mod and is meant to work on pretty much any Unreal/UT map.

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
There's actually a very old hack that will let you open a door with the use key but that may not be what you are looking for. Point your coder towards me (here or I'm agutgopostal on Skype) and I'll send him all the code snippets he wants. In fact I have a scanner tool I made for my Unreal coop server that manually controls all movers. Yeah, it's way OP for normal play but my server is a map exploration deal with no competitive play.
There are several ways to address your problem. I'll set him up to use whatever way he thinks is best.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
I remember, your server was the one I was unable to join and nobody knew why. I guess it is your door hack, that ironically doesn't let me in. Do I need to push the "use key" upon connecting? :D

My coder guy takes his time showing up here. So, if you're still interested, we can try to work it out. So you have this INF mod and it has a use key, which actually can open some doors on the Xidia maps (and some other, I think), but it should open in Unreal all those doors that you usually need to run into, only running into them should no longer open them, but only the use of the use key should. Can't be more specific, I lack the coder lingo, since I'm not part of the club.

Stinkmarder (the coder guy) said that a problem might be that an once opened door might not be closeable again. In fact I despise the auto close mechanic and would rather prefer if they just stayed open, especially because this would make it easier to know which areas you have cleared already.

A different question. We usually have that problem, that being hit by a rocket, or sniper rifle makes you fly across the entire map. that's kind of ridiculous. Wonder what is causing it, I don't recall this to be a thing in normal Unreal.

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
All that stuff can be easily dealt with in a single mutator class. I've done all of it at one time or another. In fact getting redeemer bumped was one of the first things I fixed in my MonsterHunt server.