Manhunt

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
its not out yet. The beta reviewrs said its pretty good, and very disturbing.

for those who don't know, in Manhunt you play as a man set to die on death row. Your death is staged by some crazy guy who is using you in his twisted game of cat and mouse. You are in various zones where cameras are placed to watch your every move, and various gangs, hate groups, and genral freaks are sent to kill you. The most effective way to dispatch your hunters is to get the drop on them and preform a death attack, which is very drawn out and VERY graphic. All of this is captured in a way so that it looks like its being filmed by security cameras. Very weird.

[EDIT]
Strange... it seems FUCT is right, it is out. hrm...

Last edited:

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
I have it, and have played it. It starts out a bit slow, but you definitely do get the feeling that the hunters are out to get you. Starting a fight with more than one hunter is bad news, and you can use the USB headset with it. Post some questions and I'll answer.

TossMonkey

brown bread?
Sep 4, 2001
Great Britain.
quakeguy.tumblr.com
I played it in my dinner hour at work and I thought it sucked the big one. But then I thought Deus Ex sucked for the first 30 minutes and realised after that that it was one of the best games ever.

On first impressions Manhunt sucks, whether it gets any deeper than "sneak, sneak, kill, kill" I can't promise. But if thats all there is to it then I'm disappointed.

toxikcunk

MulletJoe
Aug 22, 2001
Mulletjoe.com
Visit site
i read the review, it looks good, but not without its flaws. it has an original concept, looks like fun.

i went through all the screens and didn't find one pic of that graphic violence they talk of in the review. kind of disappointing :(

The concept and packaging are extremely well thought-out and put together. It's downright disturbing in places, just reading through the manual. The violence is graphic, alright, and watching someone get stabbed in the eyes with a shard of glass is definitely unsettling. The longer you wait to kill someone, the more violent their eventual death. (Of course, the longer you wait, the more likely it is they'll see you, so it's a trade off.) Not sure if the gameplay will become more absorbing or not. In the first stages, it's pretty basic....pick up weapon...sneak...kill. Lather, rinse, repeat. But all I've seen so far are fairly tutorial levels, so who knows how it'll progress.