UE3 - UT3 Malcolm for UT3 -Work in Progress-

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Slaughter

exsomnis
Feb 16, 2004
Germany
slaughter.jimdo.com
Malcolm for UT3 -Released-

malcolmwip03ck6.jpg

Does anyone have any reference for me of Malcolm´s back?

Last edited:

Lungri

Jun 10, 2008
Yea, why not just list it from the cinematics....aren't those all in-game?

WaitForTheRain

Feb 26, 2008
UK
^ I'm surpised that Epic didn't put him in the game as an unlockable character or something like that. They broke the Unreal Tournament tradtion :(

Evill_Bob

Cheese Hopping Rocket Spammer
Dec 19, 2005
In your computer, duh.
Good work man. I'll be around to download it when you're finished.

Makes ya kinda wonder if Epic was thinking "Well why should we even bother making Malcom, Gorge (or any juggernauts for that matter), etc when the console players will love it like no other and the PC Users will just make some for us?"

But, hey... pointy pinball of death (Scavenger)... so we're not at a total loss.

Sijik

Snagged an item.
Aug 27, 2004
All Hallows Sunset
Good work man. I'll be around to download it when you're finished.

Makes ya kinda wonder if Epic was thinking "Well why should we even bother making Malcom, Gorge (or any juggernauts for that matter), etc when the console players will love it like no other and the PC Users will just make some for us?"

But, hey... pointy pinball of death (Scavenger)... so we're not at a total loss.

Juggernauts are kind of pointless without species stats. There's no reason for them to wear 2-3 times as much armor as the others if they still take the same amount of damage.
Besides, one could say the same thing for 2kx. What happened to Venom, Blood Reavers, Raw Steel, Dark Phalanx, Venom, Aphex, War Machine, and excluding a couple token characters, Metal Guard and the Black Legion?

Right, they were replaced by midgets in power armor, robots made from train parts and pop cans, Egytptians and evil space clowns. But, it gave us ONS, so it's not a total loss...

Now, I do love all of the teams they've made, (some of them need a Major overhaul -looking at you Nightmare- ) but I only want the Skaarj and the Juggs to appear in a game where species stats can be accepted. Making them midget sized just so they'll fit the standard hit box and health limit is a disservice at the least. The lesson in 2k4 is that having stuff just to have it only waters-down and scatters the identity. UT3 is about regaining focus, so it makes sense to have only the essential teams.

Last edited:

Evill_Bob

Cheese Hopping Rocket Spammer
Dec 19, 2005
In your computer, duh.
Right, they were replaced by midgets in power armor, robots made from train parts and pop cans, Egytptians and evil space clowns. But, it gave us ONS, so it's not a total loss...

But I like my soda can robots and my fat angry dwarfs...:(

So it's established that Epic has a character dart board with all past, present, and future characters on it and they just wing darts at it until they are satisfied with the roster.:lol:

asdf7326

Aug 31, 2008
asdf original malcom

these are some files of the original malcom that they used in the hd videos in ut3

Attachments

• Unreal_Engine_Comparison.jpg
    Unreal_Engine_Comparison.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 117
  • 928117_20050509_screen002.jpg
    928117_20050509_screen002.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

asdf7326

Aug 31, 2008
also when they showed of ut3 as ut2007 they had a giant malcom at their kiost someplace i remember reading that somewhere

Last edited: