Making .uax files without UnrealEd?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

maxadim

Apr 15, 2004
I can't get UnrealEd to work at the moment so I was wondering if there was any way to make .uax files without it? If I can't create .uax files is there anything to add/replace .wav files in an existing .uax file?

Thanks In Advance,

max

maxadim

Apr 15, 2004
I tried following the instructions on the page but it keeps saying package needs an extension.

[GZU]Warz_NL

Apr 15, 2005
The Netherlands
I know this has nothing to do with maxadim's problem

I have been try to make a .uax file useing the editor and it just wont work.

My process I am using is as follows
start Ued.3 click on the sound icon on the top
then on file>import

then I give the package a name and the file a name
when I click on ok it defaults back to the 2K4MenuSounds package I have also checked that the .wav file was compressed correctly
( 22KHz 8bit mono)

So to check this I exported a sound from another package to see if I could import that and make a new package with that and it too did not work I am at a loss here
could some plz help me with this
Thanks

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
General import rules apply: No weird characters or white spaces in the path or file name. If for example you happen to have the WAV files in "E:\Sound Files\Import" or something like that, that's already a space character in the path name UEd will silently mutter about. Same thing applies to a file named "My Cool Sound.wav" or a path pointing to a shared network resource like "\\JoesComputer\SoundFiles\TheUbersound.wav"..

Last edited:

[GZU]Warz_NL

Apr 15, 2005
The Netherlands
thanks for the help ;)
I had my .wav files in the UT2004 directory in a single named folder and the .wav files were all single names with no funny charaters in them.

How ever after doing some googleing and reading I decided to see if it worked useing the UCC command and it worked fine so I am thinking I might have to reinstall the game to get the Editor working (I thought that was to much effort) so I wrote a small simply .bat file to handle it. :D

Drop my .wav files into the appointed folder double click the batch file and done.

paul.cominscoch

Nov 16, 2005
Hi all.
That sounds interesting. Can you give us an example here on how you made this batch file please?
Thanks.
Paul.